(New version) XNT Into Darkness V5.2 - "PlatinumDragon" (DISCUSSION TREAD)

Sentelin

Technology tree guide or Xenopedia hints for unlocking research projects  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Technology tree guide or Xenopedia hints for unlocking research projects

Hi guys I notice something, I don't know if it is a bug of the vanilla or yours,but it happens that when an alien is stun before you reserch the stun weapons, when you finish the mission, I'm not able anymore to discover alien biology.That's ruin my game beacuse later it ask you to capture an alien officer. But how ? If you don't have the stun rod or the stun granade ? Anyone is able to fix that ?

Thank you

I'm not able anymore to discover alien biology

No,you are able to unlock Alien Biology research project once you face Ceaseans and Sebillians for first time or Caesan and Wraith or Caesan and Harridan or ..... (at the end of Ground Combat mission if you face any of this aliens first time their corpses are send to "Research Division" and you will soon get "Analysis" of them in Xenopedia).Key to unlock Alien Biology is to collect "Analysis" (technically speaking it's not "Analysis" but their corpses ) of Ceasean or Sebillian with any other alien species up to Harridan.

However in this mod you may get lucky enough to fetch knockout alien and unlock "alien interrogation" but you will still need Alien Biology and Stun weapons to capture Leader and progress further in game.

Edited by Sentelin

There seems to be a problem with the landing ship dismantling as it requires a cruiser datacore. Also, are the aliens able to see my units?(Staying behind a wall until a soldier get close enough/throwing grenades over a wall despite not having seen my units at all)

There seems to be a problem with the landing ship dismantling as it requires a cruiser datacore. Also, are the aliens able to see my units?(Staying behind a wall until a soldier get close enough/throwing grenades over a wall despite not having seen my units at all)

Hello muratira, thanks for posting and give us your report,

Yes I make a misstake about Landing dismantle it will be fixed in the next hotfix. About aliens detection, the AI has a parsmeter to detect xenonauts by sound, if you shot between 8 squares the aliens try to step back your progress by using grenades.

Thabks and sorry about landing dismantle :/

What kind of grenade ?If it's smoke or flashbang,I don't see problem here.Also how do you know they weren't spotted.Just because you didn't see alien doesn't mean that he didn't see you because he has bigger LoS than soldiers (Ceaseans,Harridans alike)

I have a strange strange think happen to me.

When i GC a ufo and my man step to close to an alien ship the egg (inside the ufo) atack one of my heroes. This is normal.

But when the second guy step directly to that place where the first egg pray lie - egg atack my man and.... a BIG BADA BOOM occur!

All my man that stay close (and not so close - around a 12 tiles away) to the ufo will evaporate!

What is this, who know? :confused:

Edited by OrionVL

What kind of grenade ?If it's smoke or flashbang,I don't see problem here.Also how do you know they weren't spotted.Just because you didn't see alien doesn't mean that he didn't see you because he has bigger LoS than soldiers (Ceaseans,Harridans alike)
I am well aware that they have better LOS but it was close quarters.

I have a strange strange think happen to me.

When i GC a ufo and my man step to close to an alien ship the egg (inside the ufo) atack one of my heroes. This is normal.

But when the second guy step directly to that place where the first egg pray lie - egg atack my man and.... a BIG BADA BOOM occur!

All my man that stay close (and not so close - around a 12 tiles away) to the ufo will evaporate!

What is this, who know? :confused:

xD! This is other of this weird things that happend to vanilla, the question is simple. The egg projectile is taken by the system like a "rocket" type to accuracy calculations, the weird thing happends when a C4 Explosive is on the ground.

You can test it on vanilla, if you use any weapon that have "armor mitigation" and is "rocket" or "grenade" they trigger the C4 explosive on the floor D:!

I suppouse not to say this D:!

Actually you can drop multiple C4 on the floor and trigger his explotion with a frag grenade xD

xD! This is other of this weird things that happend to vanilla, the question is simple. The egg projectile is taken by the system like a "rocket" type to accuracy calculations, the weird thing happends when a C4 Explosive is on the ground.

Oh, this is good!

Because when you play without save/load it's very annoying when some glitch that kill all your team happens ))

Now i know this glitch, thx you ))

Oh god ... and you believe Chrome rather than 1k+ people ?It is "malicious" (yea only if we are kidding) because it contains .exe modified file (it contains Community Edition ...) and that's why "awesome" (stupid as hell browser) chrome marked as "malicious"

Edited by Sentelin

I tried downloading 5.2 but I couldn't, because Chrome said it was malicious.

Just go into advanced settings in Chrome and turn off phishing and Malicious software protection (or whatever it's called) for the time you're downloading (or use IE for the download). The file is safe, just not certified cos it's modded.

Just go into advanced settings in Chrome and turn off phishing and Malicious software protection (or whatever it's called) for the time you're downloading (or use IE for the download). The file is safe, just not certified cos it's modded.

Changing the file extension back to .rar after the download also seens to solve it.

we'r planning do a starting techtree guide.

We are?

God, we don't even have a developers tech-tree drawn out . Welcome to the world of chaos :D

Maybe xenopedia hints would serve better (wouldn't tottaly ruin the element of surprise). What do you think XNT community? You want a tree or more hints?