(New version) XNT Into Darkness V5.2 - "PlatinumDragon" (DISCUSSION TREAD)

Sentelin

Technology tree guide or Xenopedia hints for unlocking research projects  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Technology tree guide or Xenopedia hints for unlocking research projects

No devs aren't working on underwater maps,nor do they plan on making Terror From Deep,their next project will be announce in some of following days.

As for how difficult would be ... I can't say if this engine is suitable for that kind of stuff or is it even worth spending large amount of time to make something like that.

Devs have stopped putting in new content a long time ago. Vanilla xenonauts is a finished product, Chris and team are keeping an eye for bugs, not on enhancing the game with new features.

Your idea is more suited for a sequel than a mod :P. Theoretically, since the code is/will be open it might be possible. Though adding different transports, titles, armors and weapons (aliens too? :P), water animations (?) would take a year or two for a very ambitious and dedicated team. And the end result would probably have to weigh more than 2GB. So theoretically: yes. Realistically: no.

And as Sentelin says: In the end...is it really worth it?

does the music is optional (fully or by elements)?

i just dislike hard sound music from air combat. Not my likly music type.

and maybe not good place to question, but that full conversion, as i understand is the biggest, yes? i see kabills and Max_Caine addons. Doese it add other mods or else (sorry for bothering if it makes much time to look at it)?

Edited by Kirill Selivanov

It looks amazing gentlemen from what I have seen so far. I look forward to exploring the Mod you created!

Sorry Gentlemen but I seem not able to find the new 5.2 link... is it available yet?

Cheers

Keg.

Edited by Kegbuster
The 5.2 link is playing hide and seek with me... maybe. :)

Nah it's not available yet.It will be very soon.

Note:I see that there is some confusion about what tread is what.So let me clarify this (again ...).This thread is for everything (discussion ..... and so on).And main thread is where only announcements and updates will be posted (this thread is where you will discuss balance or give suggestion about those updates).Link to the main thread is MAIN THREAD

Edit:I will post link in the first page of this thread.You can also click on my signature or just head to Complete Mod sub-forum.

Edited by Sentelin

NEWS NO.45

THE DOWNLOAD LINK IS AVAILABLE IN MINUTES!

Official Link

Is intended to have organized updates and news about developement. This topic if to hear your experience, feedback and suggestions.

CHECK DEVELOPMENT PROCESS OF V5.2

Haha, went to the other thread first, saw that there was supposedly a download link, clicked on it and it took me to a blank tab. Well played, accidental troll, well played. :D

EDIT:

I assume that was just a stopgap measure and somebody knows the download link doesn't lead anywhere.

EDIT2: Note that I wasn't suggesting he was trolling people intentionally. It was obviously just an accident that managed to confuse me for a minute. It was funny. (Clarification of post was requested by PM)

Edited by GarrettFox

thanks worried im gonna screw it up another question im trying to install the Fire in the hole mod and the directions says only to download Titles and Maps folders you do mean Tiles right or did you mean all the folders except the .xml files?

Thanks for posting!

When you download the Kabill's Fire In The hole check the content, there is two folder "maps" and "tiles". You need to extract in "assets" folder ONLY this two items of Kabills mod.

Warning: Fire In the Hole gives lot of tactical alternative to players, but at the same time alien Eggs inside UFOs can be very dangerous, proceed with cautions.

There is not virus or something, this is caused because Mediafire has advertising, nothing more than that....

We make our best effort but Dropbox block our accounts because the amount of traffic generated by the links, Mega block us too and the only hosting that support and receive that amount of traffic is Mediafire.

Important note: This happens to Community mod Pack, and is caused because Solver made Hardcoded modifications to the .EXE. is usual that some OS, antivirus or firewalls try to block any source of download of .exe. There is no any damage installing this mod. You can even check solver community pack V0.2. I will ask to solver that he integrate a certificate of security SSL for the .exe to avoid this problem with Chrome.

Please remove exe file even if it does require to disable some features such as community mod pack or provide alternative version.

The mod is intended to work with the executable of Community Mod Pack.

We introduce armor boosting properties, each armor is completely different, HULL Dissembling feature needs the Community Mod Pack too....

This Mod only run in this version, is stable, is quicker and its pretty clean, and allow us to bring a LOT of things to the game.

Actually the armor system has been requested specially for this mod :)

You dont need to worry about the .exe

Solver is a coder that is the same as developers of Goldhawk.