[v1.5/X:CE] Fire in the Hole! Destructible UFO Hulls (v1.3.3)

kabill

Do you have to change the values of that prop everywhere or just once? (Yes I've downloaded after your fix).

Which one?

The pedastal is at: tiles/ufo/HBP_ExtraProps/screen_pedestal_f1_spectre

Open that in a text editor and change the bulletScore variable of the default state (the middle one) from 0.000 to 0.500

For the walls, go to tiles/UFO/HBP/HBP_wall_* (there's four of them)

I can't remember which wall was the problematic on (NW I think), but if you open them all in a text editor it's the one with 120 HP for the default and damaged state. These should be 500 instead.

As regards the point about the hull - any idea what triggered that?

Sorry, misunderstood. I just checked the download and the files are correct so far as I can tell. In the screenshot you posted, did you load straight into GC after installing the new version? Map data is saved with the save file, so any changes won't kick in until your next ground mission.

No. I've redownloaded and the same thing. Fresh misssion from Geoscape. That pillar has still 100% block chance.

And about Harridans on the Cruiser. They are only spot-able from the front of the UFO. Multiple desert maps of yours are approaching UFO from the rear. There is no way to spot that bugger nor shoot at him from the rear. A Harridan with Plasma Cannon that is not spot-able upon approach is just Death Reaper. In fact any Harridan at this point is just Invincible God of War.

Edited by silencer

No. I've redownloaded and the same thing. Fresh misssion from Geoscape. That pillar has still 100% block chance.

Ah, I just realised what the problem is. It'll be because I've switched to loading the tiles via the modular system and it won't be loading any of the changes if you've got props from previous versions already in place.

To solve this, you'll need to go to assets/tiles/UFO and delete the HBP and HBP_ExtraProps folders. Ugh, actually you might need to remove all of the HBP files from all the UFO folder types as well (anything not in the HBP folders or marked explicitly as HBP doesn't need to be removed).

This is going to apply to the maps as well - you'll need to remove all of the old FitH maps from your normal maps folder.

A simpler solution might be to just delete the UFO folder from both maps and tiles and revalidate. That way you'll remove any previous trace of the mod.

And about Harridans on the Cruiser. They are only spot-able from the front of the UFO. Multiple desert maps of yours are approaching UFO from the rear. There is no way to spot that bugger nor shoot at him from the rear. A Harridan with Plasma Cannon that is not spot-able upon approach is just Death Reaper. In fact any Harridan at this point is just Invincible God of War.

Is that even in daylight. I.e. is it a LoS issue rather than a lighting issue?

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE USED THIS MOD BEFORE AND ARE USING XCE

If you're using the XCE version of this mod and have installed this mod before, you will need to delete some files from your maps and tiles folders.

The easiest thing to do is to delete the UFOs folder in assets/maps and the UFO folder in assets/tiles. Once you've done this, re-validate your game files to reinstall the vanilla assets.

Otherwise, you will need to go through all of the UFO submap folders in assets/maps/UFOs and delete all of the numbered submap files. Also, you will need to go to assets/tiles/UFO and delete the following:

1) The HBP folder

2) The HBP_ExtraProps folder

3) In all of the separate UFO folders, any files prefixed with HBP_

Doing this will avoid having to revalidate game files, but if a bit more complex and more liable to result in mistakes.

Apologies for this; for what it's worth it's the last time anything like this will be an issue.

After doing a dozen of Cruiser missions I must say, that those side entrances are not that welcoming, it would be better to make the entrances at the edge of the wings where the curving begins. Those L-Shape holes + the cramped space in those corners makes maneuvering pretty terrible. For now I am mostly focusing on breaching through main door. It's more easier to perform assault from there. Checking the wings using doors is also quite better than blasting a hole. Other option is to make hole in the rear, that way you can create crossfire of the main area, but that would be too easy I guess.

More or less nothing (it would need to count as a heavy weapon, which would have no effect on the item I don't think).

I can't decide whether I like it, though. Game balance wise, actually I think it's fine. But thematically, a Predator-armoured soldier isn't going to be able to use the item any more than they can operate other small explosive devices like grenades. I guess you could hand-wave that, though, and just assume that when your scientists develop Predator armour they add big kiddy-buttons on to the charges or something.

Awesome mod Kabill. Can be tricky to find the right breach point some times but it sure beats "slamming the wall" approach of rushing the front door :)

With the smaller UFOs, you can see where some of the breach-points are by the little highlighted bits on the UFO shadow's edge. For the larger ones, I've included some Xenopedia entries which might help (they might also not, but at least you'll have a vague idea of where to look). And, glad you like it.

Sorry, yes, I did see it. I just forgot to reply.

It's possible that it's working as intended. I can't actually remember now, but I know the old version of the Cruiser occasionally had a unlocked front door for extra variety and I'm guessing I kept that when I did the revision.

Sorry, yes, I did see it. I just forgot to reply.

It's possible that it's working as intended. I can't actually remember now, but I know the old version of the Cruiser occasionally had a unlocked front door for extra variety and I'm guessing I kept that when I did the revision.

That or an Alien opened that door and as a result it became unlocked. ^_^