Spec Ops Soldiers Throwing Grenades

Well first this is during the cold war so everyone starts off nervous. Then aliens showed up and everyone started shaking in fear. Then some shadowy organization showed up said "You work for us now. Fight aliens for minimum wage or die." No idea why they might have issues with their aim.

Also I have several people that were on opposite sides of the cold war. So on top of any language issues they don't trust each other. Probably safer to accidentally kill that commie/capitalist pig than let them kill me later. Just blame the aliens. ;)

The same reason the "world class operational soliders" start off as crappy soliders with crappy stats. They aren't "world class operational soliders" because if they were, there's no character growth or progression because they've progressed to the point where they can't go any further.

They're only called world-class operational soldiers. In reality, because of the deep distrust noted by Agent Dark, they are the absolute worst rejects available.

I have definitive proof that some or them are moles, sent with the specific purpose of blowing themselves up (to make it look good) along with as many capitalist/communist pigs as possible

How is it that world class special operations soldiers are so constantly clumsy and inaccurate with grenades ? I was in the U.S. Army for awhile and threw grenades many times and I NEVER saw anyone as incompetent with a grenade as a Xenonaut.

You would be really surprised what I've seen some officers do. Ever watched a 2LT pull the pin from a smoke grenade and hold it because she wasn't told to throw it yet, then drop it because it's too hot, right at her feet? That's what I imagine everytime that happens.

The higher ranking guys still suck at throwing grenades.

The same reason the "world class operational soliders" start off as crappy soliders with crappy stats. They aren't "world class operational soliders" because if they were, there's no character growth or progression because they've progressed to the point where they can't go any further.