What happens after the release?

amjh

If the game is successful, which I hope and feel like it should be, there should be a sequel.

Chris, please promise us that if the sequel is set with an underwater alien threat, that terror missions won't be two part missions, that alien weapons will have auto shot abilities, and that there won't be any Lobster-like alien super soldiers that can only be killed by fancy space knives. :P

If the game is successful, which I hope and feel like it should be, there should be a sequel.

Chris, please promise us that if the sequel is set with an underwater alien threat, that terror missions won't be two part missions, that alien weapons will have auto shot abilities, and that there won't be any Lobster-like alien super soldiers that can only be killed by fancy space knives. :P

You seem to be implying that the alien weapons currently do not have the ability to auto-fire. I'm fairly certain this is more due to the AI not being complete than anything else. :P

Don't remind me about the 2 part terror missions. The only thing worse than spending 40 turns trying to track down a panicked Lobsterman soldier hiding in a walk-in wardrobe was finding him, killing him, and then having the game load stage 2 of the mission with half of my troops having no ammo.

Personally, I think the sequel would be Alinauts, where you, playing the technologically advanced humans, try to invade some backwater alien planet.

Then it's the aliens' turn to bring rookie squads with HE packs and research our salvaged technology...

Personally, I think the sequel would be Alinauts, where you, playing the technologically advanced humans, try to invade some backwater alien planet.

Then it's the aliens' turn to bring rookie squads with HE packs and research our salvaged technology...

Are you suggesting a turnbased Avatar inspired game? =S

Apocalypse remake done proper could be fun, the original had so much potential but the whole thing felt like they rushed it out, or if they want a change of game style, maybe a DKIII

But speculating is pointless other than for entertaining ourselves, until after they finish xenonauts.

They still have to work damned hard on making xenonauts a success first...

Edited by Turkey

Personally, if Xenonauts proves profitable enough to justify further projects, I'd just like to see expansion packs for the base game.

Add new aliens, new weapons, new UFOs, all the more "fluffy" gameplay features that Goldhawk no doubt wanted to do but had to cut due to time and resource constraints, etc.

Personally, if Xenonauts proves profitable enough to justify further projects, I'd just like to see expansion packs for the base game.

Add new aliens, new weapons, new UFOs, all the more "fluffy" gameplay features that Goldhawk no doubt wanted to do but had to cut due to time and resource constraints, etc.

I agree with expansion packs.

Some things that could be added after the release, if it's succesful enough, are additional maps or graphics. One example would be graphics for female soldiers, that many people here are asking for.

Also, some of the better modded content could be later put into an official update, if their creators agree.