Xenonauts V1.06 Update Released!

This update is being pushed out to both the Experimental and Stable branches immediately. It contains all the patches from the V1.06 update yesterday, but with two additions (the .exe is the same):

CHANGELOG:

• Final mission no longer incorrectly has the "take and hold" victory condition set, which allowed you to win by holding the side rooms instead of killing the final boss.
  • When aliens open UFO doors during their turn, line of sight should correctly update.
  • The stat tracking module is now genuinely actually definitely 100% disabled.
  • Units can no longer move through doors without opening them on night missions by facing away from them.
  • Base defence turrets have been upgraded to be worthwhile - even one can now shoot down a UFO. Xenopedia entry for them has been updated accordingly.
  • Heavy Drone autopsy / disassembly research now unlocks correctly.
  • Fixed an error in weapons_gc.xml where Alien Plasma Rifle had 65 Burst Accuracy instead of 35.
  • Final game manual has been added.

This is the last major update for the Windows version of Xenonauts we're planning this week. The final mission bug was a pretty serious one and we were keen to fix that, disable the stat tracking and patch in the final game manual. We're not aware of any other bugs that require urgent attention, so we'll be concentrating on the ports and Steam Workshop next.

This update will be zipped up and sent to GOG / Humble Store tonight. We'll also start on updated ports etc.

For the mod stuff, you will be able to install it manually if you get your hands on the files. Presumably the modders will continue to post them up here for exactly that reason.

That wouldn't surprise me; absolute obliteration via plasma rifle burstfire from 20+ squares out has comprised about two thirds of the fatalities of my current run. Casualties dropped off precipitously once the alien armory became more varied later on, amusingly enough.

Hmm. The manual says destroying an alien base is supposed to give a funding boost. But in my experience, it doesn't.

Some ground missions will also affect your national relations score. The most notable are terror sites – completing the mission will grant a sizeable funding boost, but losing a battle can cause a catastrophic funding drop. Alien base missions will continually drain relations in their host nation, but also provide a boost if destroyed.

Heavy Drone autopsy / disassembly research now unlocks correctly.

This isn't happening for me. Started a Terror Mission with Heavy Drones in 1.05HF and finished it in 1.06 and i still get the blank research screen a couple days after the mission.

This isn't happening for me. Started a Terror Mission with Heavy Drones in 1.05HF and finished it in 1.06 and i still get the blank research screen a couple days after the mission.

Same for me. I have to press 'esc' to close that menu, and it crashes 100% when I try to resume the game clock.

Is aliens/AI not opening doors when ‘nauts are point blank to those considered being a feature or it’s a bug? Will it be fixed/improved?

It makes a big chunk of tactical gameplay trivial (storming the UFO should be thrilling – not being ‘fire range’ like experience imo) and slowly but surely puts me off.

Is aliens/AI not opening doors when ‘nauts are point blank to those considered being a feature or it’s a bug? Will it be fixed/improved?.

I'd really like to know that too. I wonder if it's an AI issue or general ground combat code issue and if GH can/will fix it.