Xenonauts V1.06 Update Released!

Is aliens/AI not opening doors when ‘nauts are point blank to those considered being a feature or it’s a bug? Will it be fixed/improved?

It makes a big chunk of tactical gameplay trivial (storming the UFO should be thrilling – not being ‘fire range’ like experience imo) and slowly but surely puts me off.

They are actually capable of opening those doors and firing at you from point blank, but they really only very rarely do it. Maybe it has to do with their tendency to only close in 1 square short when firing on Xnauts behind cover.

Hi! I'm sorry but I don't know where can I write about this small issue: I can't open any files from extras section in xeno launcher: prologue, credits or dev's diary. Where can I find these files?

---edit---

Thank you!

Edited by harrison

Shouldn't it unlock the next time he encounters Heavy Drone? That's what happened for me with the Lore mod when I tried it out despite having encountered pretty much most of the relative items prior to installing. Or the game already "sent it to research division" without prompting the relative research after.

Yeah, I was standing directly where she was hit...and the alien hadn't moved from his location. It was really, really irritating since the mission was going splendidly and I was outside the building about to send her around the corner and he shot her as if there was no obstruction of the window.

Line of Fire isn't symmetrical, the alien was probably shooting from a corner of his tile, while both sides have to aim at the center of their target. Note that I'd agree that being able to shoot through that isn't ideal either way, but I suspect KevinHann was wondering if it's an annoying oddity of the LoF system the AI managed to use, or a straight up bug. To figure that out we'd have to know what the LoF system reports from the alien's end.

Edit: oh, loaded up the save and looked at it, I was assuming there was more distance involved for some reason. The alien was adjacent to the dumpster (and the window), that dumpster is reporting as a 67% block (I don't recall if that's normal), and shooters can ignore non-100% cover in any of the 8 spaces around them. The wall the alien was next to blocks fire from where your soldier was, while a soldier standing where the alien was has an easy shot to where your soldier got shot.

Also for some reason I thought dumpsters were 100% blocking cover, but I may just be crazy on that.

Edited by Nethris

Yeah, I was standing directly where she was hit...and the alien hadn't moved from his location. It was really, really irritating since the mission was going splendidly and I was outside the building about to send her around the corner and he shot her as if there was no obstruction of the window.

Read again what I typed, mate. Have you tried producing the same shot the alien did from the alien's position aiming at your dead soldier's one?

The wall the alien was next to blocks fire from where your soldier was, while a soldier standing where the alien was has an easy shot to where your soldier got shot.

Here, that's it, no bug. Nothing unfair.

Edited by KevinHann

Okay, okay...:)

So, maybe not unfair, but I'm figuring 100% block from one direction would kind of imply that it goes both ways since I, too, could lean or lift my gun over cover and spray-pray.

Besides, if you looked at the save, would you have thought you were tactically okay? From now on, I guess I have to assume windows that appear fully obstructed may not be so.

I just had to pop on here to let Chris and team know that I think the game is flipping fantastic.

I have been holding off since Christmas, waiting for a stable release, and now that there is, I started to play in earnest.

You seem to have finally got the balance and atmosphere just right. I don't think I have ever enjoyed a Xcom type game so much since the original.

You have done a fine job and you should be proud of yourselves at achieving such a splendid final result.

XXX

This build is currently being ported and the Windows version has already been sent over to the guys at GOG, Humble and uploaded to Desura too. They're all just awaiting authorisation.

Desura still did not get 1.06 for Linux. Any word on when can we expect it?

Thanks for the great work!

This update will be zipped up and sent to GOG / Humble Store tonight. We'll also start on updated ports etc.

For the mod stuff, you will be able to install it manually if you get your hands on the files. Presumably the modders will continue to post them up here for exactly that reason.

Hi,

sorry if this have been already said, but I can't find the answer. How can I get the v1.06 version from Humble Store??

BTW: GREAT game, a really nice new version of X-yyy, not like the "official" 3D new version