Any chance of [a race of black, humanoid crab like aliens] in the game?

Thank you for making, what looks like from the screenshots I've seen, a great strategy game in spirit of "X-Com: UFO Defense".

Is there any current plan to include an alien race that behaves and perhaps looks similar to the Chryssalid or Tentaculat races in the X-Com series? They really brought a sense of terror to the "UFO Defense" and "Terror from the Deep".

I just played a game of "UFO Defense" the other day where I got cocky and lost 6 soldiers to Chryssalids!

Edited by Slam Bus Rodan

Yup, there is a Chryssalid-type alien in the game (initially I had no idea what your thread title was about, but it's clearer now). It can still zombify people but has an additional ability that is as yet unannounced.

This is awesome. Game is now pre-ordered and I've downloaded build 9. I can't wait to play the full game.

I had to stop playing build 9 of the game tonight. I have work early in the morning tomorrow, but damn - the game is a lot of fun.

• 2 months later...

I do have seen video of 3d renders of aliens(apparently sprites are created based on those) so I can find that for you if you are keen to spoil yourself :P I have faint guess which one of those is Reaper.(Really, when you see it, you'll guess its most likely that one)