Making every item have a cost

Phenakist

Is there a mod, or even a way of making every item in the game have an inherent cost?

Not necessarily for everything having a manufacture process but at the minimum not being allowed inifinte m16's & C4.

The reason for why I want this is because in my current game line-up and mods, a lot of my soldiers can carry a significant amount, with no restricting factor they are carrying 8-9 grenades because if I die and lose them, oh well I have infinite.

I want to be punished if my character dies with an overloaded back pack!

I'm not sure whether this would make any difference with soldiers dying, as equipment is recovered after the GC is over anyway. That aside, there's a thread somewhere around here that was on the same topic; I don't think there's a mod available for it at the moment but it would be pretty trivial to do (at least if you only cared about basic items).

Like Kabill says, you get your stuff back at combat end anyway... Unless, I think, if you would abort the mission and leave a soldier behind OR if the corpse/item pile was destroyed by explosives. If you are alright with that...then you can try...

But then there's also the uncertainty of grenades... I'm not sure if they aren't hardcoded.

I tried removing them and making them producable... the first part was a success..the second, not so much. I didn't have the time to check if I made any mistakes though (quite possible), can't work with files atm.

I tried to change a lot of the starting gear to be only available by manufacturing them a long time ago and it never really worked.

Their availability seemed to be hard coded somewhere.

Hopefully that was fixed though so I would be interested to see it working.

Perhaps you could get around this issue by making duplicates of the ballistic weapons, with different IDs but same graphics.

That actually sounds like a good work around. I wouldn't mind having a seperate tab that has the manufactured versions only, whilst ignoring the hardcoded ones that are infinite (if that's the case)

What would be involved in making this change? I wouldn't mind giving it an attempt myself, but what would I be looking for and what would I need to do to make this change?

Edited by Phenakist