(New version) XNT Into Darkness V5.0 - "PlatinumDragon" (New Game Universe Mod)

Well, was trying 5.1 just now and it crashed on my first crashsite operation on it's first turn. :\

Mine crashed as well one the first turn. I used the hotfix as well or is that outdated?

@Segald

Weapon sounds are nice! I like them.

Daumen druecken beim Fussball spaeter. Leider bin ich nicht im Stadion dieses Mal!

Aut.sav

Aut.sav

Aut.sav

Edited by Xiphoideus

This random isolated CTD's people experience are real pain in *** ....I just completed GC from your save 5 times in row without CTD.(I played with Dev Build but that shouldn't matter because same change is applied in last public hotfix patch).

Guys if you have Intel CPU please go and check if "Disableanimation" is set to "0" in assets/aiprops.xml if it isn't set it to "0" (although if you apply this patch https://www.mediafire.com/?drq8x5gb8w18pc7 from page 14 this bug should be gone and you don't need to modify anything).

There is one more thing to consider.If you didn't received stealth update yesterday (for whatever reason) and you ran game trough Steam today ( seriously make separate copy of game for XNT if you are steam user or start game directly from steam directory without running Steam client,like I do),then it is most likely that Steam overwritten last changes we made and you would need to apply patch I linked above again.

Edited by Sentelin

i had a CTD by a caesan throwing a grenade at the entrance off a scout.when the grenade explode CTD happend think he trowed a stun grenade because off blue damage showed.

allso for some reason when i copied xnt to another map and renamed it the names off airplanes and weapons you guys add are replaced by ##### like apollo and SU10 but in research display names are correct

regards,

What Rank was that Caesan (i.e Non Combat,Soldier,Guard,Elite...).

allso for some reason when i copied xnt to another map and renamed it the names off airplanes and weapons you guys add are replaced by ##### like apollo and SU10 but in research display names are correct

You meant when you made copy of the game with XNT and put in other directory/folder ?This shouldn't happen.

Do following (I know it's annoying ),install fresh copy of Xenonauts (with last patch 1.06HF) and then make copy of the game.Now just apply XNT:ID on that copy and leave original Xenonauts untouched.

Also PM me with save file or upload/attach it here.( I want to check it using Debugger ).

Edit:Nothing is wrong in files.Anyway I think you should wait for new update which will be soon available and do what I described above (that way we can nailed down what is causing you so much problems ..)

Edited by Sentelin

Hi TD

Thanks for a GREAT mod!

I'm running this mod with a stable combo of other mods...

One thing, I've had no joy using the 'Breaching Charge'. Nothing I try makes it work.

I'm not that far into the game and only tried it on Light/Scout UFO's.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Gengis Dhen

One thing, I've had no joy using the 'Breaching Charge'. Nothing I try makes it work.

Did you extract only tiles and maps from Fire In The Hole into assets folder and overwrite files when asked?Also when you select charge and hover with cross over UFO you will see green highlight areas of UFO and those who are not.Next thing you need to do is to get in front of area which wasn't highlighted with green color,click on Breach charge set how many turns should pass before explosion and move soldier away from blast (3-4 tiles will do).

Edited by Sentelin

Please tell me if you like it! ]

Great Job! I love the Dual Warhawk sound!

Is wonderfull!!! :eek:

Mine crashed as well one the first turn. I used the hotfix as well or is that outdated?

Let me Check the file and I edit this post with the result :)

Thanks for reporting!

i had a CTD by a caesan throwing a grenade at the entrance off a scout.when the grenade explode CTD happend think he trowed a stun grenade because off blue damage showed. allso for some reason when i copied xnt to another map and renamed it the names off airplanes and weapons you guys add are replaced by ##### like apollo and SU10 but in research display names are correct

This sounds like the steam autoupdate some files, try reapply the last Patch.

In other hand the Stun granade thing is quiet weird, because all the animations and dynamics of this grenade is set from vanilla files.

Try re-validate yoru Xenonauts instalation and apply the complete XNT Core Pack.

If you have any problem feel free to write us back.

Hi TD

Thanks for a GREAT mod!

Thanks

Gengis Dhen

Hello, welcome aboard! I'm glad you enjoy the mod. :)

Careful implementing other mods with XNT, to enable UFO Hull Breach Feature you only need to apply the "MAPS" and "TILES" folder of Kabill's mods.

The other features to make this mod work are included in XNT Pack.

If you need help feel free to ask us again.

ok the grenade thing was just something random that caused a CTD in another game a caesan noncombatent threw a grenade and it exploded and nothing happened.

yes i aplied XNT and then made a copy off XNT and renamed it and put it out steam folder,but forgot to mention that every thing works fine just some names are missing.

regards,

ok the grenade thing was just something random that caused a CTD in another game a caesan noncombatent threw a grenade and it exploded and nothing happened.

yes i aplied XNT and then made a copy off XNT and renamed it and put it out steam folder,but forgot to mention that every thing works fine just some names are missing.

regards,

Yes, We'r fixing minor String error for the next update.

:)

Daumen druecken beim Fussball spaeter. Leider bin ich nicht im Stadion dieses Mal!

The game works perfect, check the integrity of you current build. Any help you need send me a PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4341[/ATTACH]

I had check the grenade and its working fine, looks like some kind of error with coherence or tiles.

In other hand this is the most FUN saved game that I ever play xD

LOL

ANNOUNCEMENT NO.41

Next update is close to be ready for public release.Some of the things that will be included are:

-Few new mechanics which open new possibilities and strategies (Note:New way to use Workshop and Economy stuff :) )

-More Polished AI (Note: We had to enable Persistent LoS in our mod as of 1.06 patch in order to make AI behave as we wanted)

-New Audio Sounds (Note:Look at the video few pages back that Selgald uploaded as example what awaits you).

-Compatibility with Community Edition 0.2 (Note:See changelog for more info on this http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/10797-Xenonauts-Community-Edition-0-2

-New Armor Conversion (Note:This may note make it in new update because it's going to require more detailed planning but any comments on that are welcome)

-More Air Combat System tweaks (Note:Wait for Theon to give more details about it)

-And a lots more.

Edited by Sentelin

@OrionVLThank you about the feedback of Advanced Ballistics, SMG Enforcer looks a bit underpowered at the moment, this weapon needs a little buff, the same way with Warhawks Heavy Pistols.

Any experience wit Zephyr Assault Rifle?

Thank you soo much for your help :cool:

-SMG Enforcer: I must say after some testing, its not worth building atm and seems more like downgrade. Low Range, Low Damage, MASSIVE ammo sonsumption and so on. Standard pistol feels more advanced than this.

-Warhawk: I tested only the lasersighted one, and i found it particular useful, with a good punch (maybe a little more would be good, or 2 shots more ammo instead).

-The Zephyr replaced the normal rifle completly, but I didn´t have the opportunity to test it much. The image of it could be a little smaller and the various discriptions are misleading (sometimes its called LMG).

-the androns are to defensive in tactics which doesn´t seem to fit their robotic nature (T-800, anyone?).

-SMG Enforcer: I must say after some testing, its not worth building atm and seems more like downgrade. Low Range, Low Damage, MASSIVE ammo sonsumption and so on. Standard pistol feels more advanced than this.

-Warhawk: I tested only the lasersighted one, and i found it particular useful, with a good punch (maybe a little more would be good, or 2 shots more ammo instead).

-The Zephyr replaced the normal rifle completly, but I didn´t have the opportunity to test it much. The image of it could be a little smaller and the various discriptions are misleading (sometimes its called LMG).

-the androns are to defensive in tactics which doesn´t seem to fit their robotic nature (T-800, anyone?).

Thank you Gray,

Yes, enforcer was the first weapon of the mod and for now its a bit underpowered, we'r working in some little improvements that makes this weapon more useful.

Warhawk is a solid weapon for close quarters, we actually notice that maybe a bit more firepower could be good. In other hand the Dual use of this pistol provide solid damage for a assault soldier. Single version is intended as a Secondary weapon and shield soldier.

Zephyr is a well balanced rifle, and dont replace the standard rifle due to the high recoil, only high accuracy/strength soldier can use it efficient. About the LMG your right, we fix this for the next update :)

Androns work in cooperation, when alone they look for ally cover. We thing that this is intelligent enough, in other hand we made some small fixes for his AI behavior. ^^

Thanks for your feedback!

Hey, first of all i love this mod. It's not a walk in a park like the vanilla is, and that's... good!

Anyway, i found a type in xenopedia entry and i am not sure how to report it.

M2X APOLLO

Third paragraph, fifth line from bottom.

Is: [...]which means the pilot is surrounded mostly by full rather than metal[...]

Should be: [...]which means the pilot is surrounded mostly by fuel rather than metal[...]

Thanks for hunting down that typo :) As for report of bug or balance issue just write it here.

And if you think that mod in current state isn't walk in park ... wait to see what we have in store for you in upcoming update.

Edited by Sentelin

It' is not a walk int the park like vanilla is ;)

On my first night mission i though to myself, let's be careful... mission starts... tossing flare out of heli into complete dark... and WTF? An alien? like from the movie alien? i did not managed to mow him down in firs turn, and... WTF another? And they are flanking me?

I simply love games when i am suprised. Where I do think to myself sometimes... oh shit! Don't get me wrong, vanilla xenonauts is best game of the genre since X-COM: Apocalypse (and i don't mean x-com, but all turn-based tactical games), but this mod is taking the game to the next level. There are causal gamer "kids" and true gamers. Those "kids" who find games that almost play all by themselves enjoyable. And there are those who prefer games that punish you for your mistakes and really force you to think. Xenonauts are for the later, and i have to thank the developers for making this great game. And I said, this mod takes it to tho next level which i want to thank you modders no less then the developers for the game.

Well, it takes it way too far. As soon as cruisers started appearing the aliens became virtually immune to both ballistic and laser weaponry. Grenades and rockets would barely do any damage and I had to resort to just airstriking them because the missions were pretty much impossible. Then a battleship arrived and started a terror mission I scrambled my team out of my shrike into cover in such a fashion as to avoid grenades. Did the aliens care?NO, they threw grenades at every single soldier I had and panicked/mind controlled the rest. My reaction, simple, exited the game. Losing right after turn one when troops are far apart and in cover is just stupid.

I am a bit amused how the heck didn't you researched teir -3 (Peace Keeper and Warhawk II) and plasma weapons by the time first cruisers and battle ship started to appear ?And really,you tried to do Battleship terror mission with ballistic (did you at least have advanced ballistic weapons,Korhang or some of hidden weapons ?) and lasers weapons in this mod ?

Don't get me wrong this mod can be frustrating and in those situation like with terror mission your only choice is to retreat.Also V5 has some issues which are addressed in upcoming update (i.e alien invasion is slowed down,some weapon have increased damage .... I won't spoil anything else but this is some of things you can expect).Also we are probably going to edit xenopedia with tips and manuals on how to play this mod (I am not sure but we will probably need help for this from native English speakers or those who have good grammar fundamentals,because we want to avoid wrath of people who care about those stuff) or to write pdf manual we will see. Theon started doing something on his own about Air combat which you can find on page 4 and page 6.Before you decide to stop playing this mod all together,at least wait little longer for new update to gets published and give it one more chance.

Sorry, I did not say. Cruisers appeared very goddamn fast for me, like after 3 landing ships(on multiple continents) and during the terror I did have plasma weapons and was researching buzzard armor(have entire team in wolf) as it was the only research topic left. Hm, I never actually got to research the tier 3. Could I have missed something or was unlucky enough not to get the artifacts needed? I did have advanced ballistics but they did not really help, except that gatling(Korhang). I will reinstall the mod to make sure nothing is missing and start again to see if I missed something.

Edited by muratira