(New version) XNT Into Darkness V5.0 - "PlatinumDragon" (New Game Universe Mod)

hi, fwiw i was getting CTD's when entering air combat, something to do with that incoherent file?

Did you do it with Fox ?I noticed that whenever I tried to enter manual combat with Fox game would crash (Though I didn't have trouble with other craft).Also we can't do much until Theon gets up and sort out his files :)

Well, I've sunk about an hour or two into the currently bugged version, and I've not experienced the crashes from aircraft, as its happened with aliens arriving or leaving the geoscape... the apollo works like a charm, but a UFO escaped to space and it all came tumbling down.

aside from that, It has been fun. The.... Whatever the zombie things are scared me to death, I thought they where actual reaper zombies, and got a bit too close trying to clean them up. lost two men to the first one. on the first mission with six men, only a rifleman and the MG survived. second mission, that vortex gun obliterated a man right off the dropship, but it actually came from the scout door, and looked like the bloody ship gun was firing, so I rushed the thing to clear it out, somehow nobody died. Then the new models for the reapers showed. They got slaughtered, but it took alot of grenades.

This mod, it plays really, really different. But in a good way. I'll give this sound fix a test and see how it works. I'm excited to see how the late game turns out :D

Vortex and Spine Thrower are not lethal weapons (sometimes they can kill soldier but it's usually because that soldier bleed to death while he was unconscious ).You can also check Xenopedia for more information and lore once you research Vortex and Spine Thrower projects.

Edited by Sentelin

Looks like I wasn't particularly lucky, because that private was instakilled by that one shot. I've got them researched however.

The giant reaper queen(?) thing seems a touch tough for my third mission though. Despite my best efforts, I had to withdraw after six sticks of C4 and three casualties. so much for the first full scout being easy xD. any good techniques for killing that mammoth thing?

If you manage to get her suppressed all the time (using LMG's and Flashbangs,Grenades,C4,Rockets... ).But that would require to have her at LoS and soldiers at position.If I were you I wouldn't try to engage it and retreat immediately because dealing with Omega so early is near impossible (you need better weapon and armor).Also you were very unlucky because there is rather small chance of Omega spawning in Scout (at least it should be like that if it isn't then something might not work as it should.Let us know if you encounter Omega and Eggs often).

Edited by Sentelin

unfortunatly getting a few CTD on the equipment screen :(

Are you absolutely sure you are playing with the packs TD uploaded last time ?Because I am 3-4 hours in-game without single crash.If you do,do you use Skitso UI ?If so remove it because it can cause crashes here and there if used with this mod.

Has multiple objectives in game,

Mainly as sentelin says:

- Force player to worry about time in mission.

- Waste player explosives

- Create some tactical area of safety to aliens, if you advance through aliens you need to know NEVER finish your turns too close to an egg... you ever imagine things that could happend.