How do I run it in 1600x900 windowed?

The game pulls available resolutions from your graphics driver.

A lot depends on what your hardware is capable off, including the native resolution of your monitor.

Your basically telling the OP he cant run in that resolution - the detection process is a bit off, it would be nice if we could override

The game pulls available resolutions from your graphics driver.

A lot depends on what your hardware is capable off, including the native resolution of your monitor.

That's what doesn't make sense to me my native resolution is 1920x1080. so I'd think it could handle 1600x900. I run it in 1440x900, but then the edges of the Geoscape get cut off.

1920x1080 is a 16:9 resolution and 1440x900 is a 16:10 so that explains why the screen doesn't look right.

What resolutions are listed for you?

It might be easier to just try each of them and work down the list until you get one that does work.

Your basically telling the OP he cant run in that resolution - the detection process is a bit off, it would be nice if we could override

Well I was trying to tell the OP that if his computer will not allow him to use that specific setting then it could be related to the current driver.

If an older driver is in use try updating to the latest, if the latest is in use try rolling back to an older one.

For example on the older nvidia driver I had 1600x945 listed which would not work in windowed mode but the latest driver no longer has that resolution listed in the Xenonauts launcher.

I have no idea why.

Sadly it does not appear possible to override the list.

That appears to be one of the functions of the game engine that Goldhawk does not have access rights to change.