Out on GOG!

I think that is good (the GOG sale keeps most folks buying sale items only). I also agree it would be nice to see a more indepth review on GOG (but I am only early in the final release and feel any review I give on the final release now would be labeled "fanboyish"). Still seems like the talk on GOG is positive for the most part (in the announcement post at least).

Cool, it finally clawed its way up there. Good to see it in the Steam advertising space as well. I was a bit concerned when Monday came that there wasn't very much fanfare going on, but it seems like the engine's finally spooled up.

I also redeemed mine, that's a bit surprising (and worrisome) how smoothly it went.

I'm not a developer or anything, but there's probably a key generator that GOG allows developers to use for their purposes (giveaways, contests, customer service, etc.), with reasonable limits. Got mine in seconds, thanks GoldHawk!

I mean, there was no need for any kind of verification for whether I even have the game, unless Chris remembers me somehow (and I doubt that).

I'm not sure how you purchased/funded the game, if it was from the Kickstarter, it's likely there's a database with whatever email address you gave GHI so it'll be trivial to check the email address if GHI have it set up right. So if you used the same email address it's not hard for them to verify. I don't think Steam will provide such direct contact info for purchasers (they could probably check against your account name but not your email address), not sure about Desura. I gifted the game on Desura to someone so gave them the confirmation ID, and they also sent their Desura account name and my account name and e-mail address, so I guess Chris can verify somehow the giftee owns the game.

I'm not a developer or anything, but there's probably a key generator that GOG allows developers to use for their purposes (giveaways, contests, customer service, etc.), with reasonable limits. Got mine in seconds, thanks GoldHawk!

Yeah, Steam seem very generous with developers providing keys, Greenlight developers can generally provide as many as they want AFAIK for no cost if the game isn't purchased on Steam. (I think it's understandable, the sales they lose to elsewhere is worth them tying as many people as they can in to the Steam ecosystem. And many people who get and use the keys probably never would have purchased a key so it's not a lost sale. The only cost to Steam would be the miniscule extra bandwidth and support cost.)

GOG are not quite so generous (I've read it depends on the precise agreement, either way their POV is also understandable) but plenty of Kickstarter games have provided GOG keys. Based on Chris's comments, it sounds like GOG are at a minimum, letting them provide keys to all people who purchased the game before it came out on GOG. Which makes sense, if the game wasn't even on GOG they couldn't purchase it on GOG anyway, so it keeps everyone happy.

Edited by Nil Einne

I am totally happy over here.

Just send the Mail and got the Key in minutes. That's damn fast and seriously awesome.

I am so damn happy to have Xenonauts on GOG.com my favourite gaming site since I joined there.

So once again Chris/Goldhawk thanks for that opportunity and best of luck in every endeavour.:D

I was thinking in the same lines, thank you. The spontaneous reaction around had me guessing there might be something more to it though.

With GOG you often get free bonus stuff like soundtrack, wallpapers, avatars etc. I'm not sure if other releases of Xenonauts offered this too. I don't know if this was cause for spontaneous reactions though :P Just another reason to buy from GOG.

Edited by Sarlix