Replacing the glass windows with no glass

Sapare

I don't know anything about modding, but any chance someone could take the time to look into the 'no cover' glass objects and giving them a slight alteration so they acted like normal cover? IDC if it breaks the cool looking 'shooting through glass' effect, just allow me to stop shotguning every single window I see.. it is rather sillly.

This should be 'easy' I believe? After all, middle east part of the maps have windows which don't have glass, and those work like windows should.

Yes, it's quite simple change. The only problem is that it would be vaguely time consuming as not only would you have to change the spectres, but you'd need to remove the glass from the images too (unless you were happy with bullets looking like they've passed through glass).

Yes, it's quite simple change. The only problem is that it would be vaguely time consuming as not only would you have to change the spectres, but you'd need to remove the glass from the images too (unless you were happy with bullets looking like they've passed through glass).

If someone can throw the minor change out quickly I really could not care less about the whole shooting through the glass thing.(I would prefer if it all simply was in the broken state from the start, but staying the not broken state is fine with me.)

Alternative option would be to complete remove block chance from the broken windows. Old XCOM windows didn't provide any cover so why not.

If you prefer that, sure, but that seems just as weird.. there is still half a wall to hide behind... the soldier shouldn't hang out infront of the window like he was in some picture frame, he would shoot through the window, then duck.

I'd do it in principle. Can't say when though (and I'm more than happy to let someone else do it!). For what it''s worth, it's probably an evening's work, for someone who knows what they're doing. Maybe less, depends on how many windows there are.