Xenonauts V1.05 HF Released!

A couple of final fixes before we do the porting etc. This is currently only on the Experimental branch.

CHANGELOG:

• The "teleporter" crash when multiple units are moving on different camera levels has been fixed
  • A random crash associated with Wraiths has been fixed
  • Fixed the misaligned text on the Transfer screen
  • Fixed some Kickstarter female soldiers not having a face

Is there any disadvantages to having your base seriously damaged during Xenonaut base defense? I know there is supposed to be one according to theory but I've never seen it happen.

I'm asking this because alien can really gimp themselves shooting at random props, and if it does not do anything, one might as well remove this behaviour.

Hmmm. Thought we'd fixed that? Is this a new game, or the older save where you had the same issue?

Its a game that was originally started in 1.0, although the actual ground mission was started in 1.05hf. I think. My game updated itself before the play session so I have to assume its 1.05. If you can't replicate this on the dev branch then I guess I don't have the latest version after all.

Also, it seems as though if you destroy an alien base's generator and then lose all of your men, it counts as a loss. However if you have even one man left alive and evacuate, it counts as a win and seems to let you keep the equipment of the surviving men and recover any soldiers who were downed but not killed. Not quite the behavior I was expecting.

Edited by Troublechuter

Are the main menu bugs, and the broken scrollbar on the barracks screen still being looked at?

Should be left for some Josh Eales trick. Say, for t-shirts with

"Xenonauts

Broken scrollbar on the barracks screen"

Or just trade card would be sufficient enough. It's funny thought, no abuse ^^

It's cool that you are so close to launch :-)

I've encountered a couple of bugs though :-(

1. The game froze when one of my xenonauts walked to a teleporter and an alien performed a reaction fire - the alien did fire, but then the game froze :-(

2. The final mission - 2 times I,ve reached the high preator, and 2 times I've completed the mission succesfully! BUT without killing the high preator?? the game just cuts to the mission debrief screen after 1 round of fighting him (does he commit suicide when faced with the awesome might of my xenonauts??).

This is a great game, and eventhough it would be easy to just accept the easy Victory, it still feels a bit hollow ;-)

I'm playing the experimental branch, I cant remember which 1.0 version the game was started in, but it was updated to 1.05 HF before the final mission was started.

Had a major issue with my game just now, Where i am on my second mission and i am shooting at a greyman with a assault guy(default class), when he shoots the stats pop up but it locks up. I can't move the game i have to quit out of it. I am playing it on Mac.

I'm using the Humble Bundle version, looks like there are a few minor differences between it and the Steam version. I noticed this when looking at the game manual, which is currently just a list of credits in the HB version, and with actual content on the Steam version.

Other than that, WinMerge only sees a difference in buildings.xml between the two distributions.

^Same problem with the manual on the GOG version. I also have an issue with the camera lagging on the ground maps, it's only happened a few times. Just starts to lag and jitter but the goes back to normal. I happened to be saving a game the last time it happened and then my save game was corrupt, had to go back to a previous save.

Sorry i thing that the major issue is the fact that the game is still NOT balanced.. i´m the ufo fan played many many times, i tried Xeno 5 times from beginning(different version 1.04,1.05 at last time).... i dont know, playing for the last time on easy, suffer the begiing without the better equipment, and there come the point again that im not able to get more money to get out of this mess :( 5 times im trying to be faster a spent the money for bases and its not enough... its not a fun but frustration play it again after many many days spend..... will be there any balanced fix? or this is just normal??? guys u can not be serious by this difficulty on easy right? :) Did anyone finished the game??? i hope im not that bad player but this is really bad joke on easy...i hope in this difficulty u have to enjoy the game as the old Xcom... u dont need to hurry, just enjoy the long play but i dont know how to play this game to finish it or even enjoy it..... so sad.. This game is the best UFO clon, no question about it, game is aewsome.... bud this is killing the game completly.....

Edited by SharkDavid