Khall's Tundra Tileset

Khall

OK - I'm quite keen that this mod be compatible with V1.5 as it's pretty awesome. Do you know if it's compatible with the version we just put out on the Experimental branch? If not then please send me a PM as I'll need to look at whether it's worth making changes to V1.5 so close to it going out in order to let mods like this be included.

Does it rely on lluank's recent X:CE changes that allow additional tilesets, or is it a subset of another existing tileset instead?

Does it rely on lluank's recent X:CE changes that allow additional tilesets, or is it a subset of another existing tileset instead?

Even 1.09 supports the Tundra tileset, it just doesn't provide it :). And I've made sure in X:CE that supporting the final 0.31 way of making tileset mods will not break backwards compatibility for this mod, so I expect Khall shouldn't have a problem keeping this working with 1.5.

Sorry for answering late. As llunak said this uses the existing but unused tundra tileset so there's no problem there. I've been using this with the experimental candidates and it all works fine, apart from that rare tiling issue that is fixed in the latest XCE build.

How can I install this mod? I see it hasn't the same format than skitso and Kabill mods, which can I activate in the starting panel.

I Installed this mod copying and pasting (overwriting sometimes) the files/folders in the different assets folders. Is this way the correct installation?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I found a pathing issue in what I presume to be the military outpost map.

Rv6IRdz.jpg

My selected soldier could enter the rec room through that door frame, but can't leave through it.

This map specifically was the Medium one, for a crashed Corvette.

Edited by Driftraze

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There are loads of bugs on these maps unfortunately. I don't have screenshots but I could try to point out some of them. For example, I don't understand why this big pile of wood, which also exists in industrial tileset (but is green) blocks vision? Also - windows in buildings. I had problems smashing them with melee (sometimes I had to melee them twice to break the window) and the funny part is that soldier can't vault through window inside the building but he can exit the building that way. Also, lots of misaligned props and some of them are walkable (sic!) - you can just go through them. I had one tundra crashsite, reloaded map several times but each map that I had was full of that kind of annoying bugs. For now I had to deactivate the mod which is a shame for me because I'd like to have a new set of maps, especially in new tileset.

• 2 months later...