Precision Rifle (Balistic) Equip screen Ammo Wrong

• 3 years later...

Yes, exactly this. Looking at the xml files I found this bug/issue. Also found several A LOT of inconsistencies between weapon descriptions and their actual stats.

Wonder how this hasn't been fixed by developers or the modding community.

And it seems everybody's ignoring this and many other issues....

Crap

Edited by Lobuno

LOL, you are actually right. @Solver can fix this if he wants.

Even X-Division has some inconsistencies here and there spread over 400 weapons. We try to take care of the most important values, damage, range, mitigation, ammo capacity and aim sets as these are the values which are the most important ones. I know for sure that some values like reaction modifier and suppression are off a bit. Even despite that, they are both great games.

@Lobuno Well here is your answer.

Lobuno Vor 42 Minuten 

There still are MANY inconsistencies between weapon descriptions and their actual stats. This bugs me a lot. Probably this happens in other items too..

Just checking strings.xml, weapons.xml and weapons_gc.xml you can see what a mess is this.

i.e. Precision Rifle number of rounds per clip, but there are many more.

I really can't understand how those bugs haven't been fixed by devs or by modding community after several years, since they are very simple fixes.

Now I'm spending more time xml editing than playing...

PS. // I can't wait to purchase Xenonauts 2 //[Ironic mode OFF]

This is the reason why i as a developer of X-Division take great care that information does not contradict itself, and that the player has a place where he can get reliable information from. ( The Xpedia is not a place for this )

What even worse than wrong information is, is the distrust the player developes towards the game. If the game does not tell him the truth, what does ? It makes what should be smart, Specific, Measurable, Actionable, Responsible, Time-bounded into something which is vapid, Vague, Amorphous, Pie in teh sky, Irrelevant, Delayed. To keep a game coherent is a really important point, and if something contradicts itself than thats just avoidable stress on the brain.

Edited by Charon

To clarify a bit. I work on the Community Edition. This means I'm in an almost unique position to fix freeze or crash bugs, and to do many other things that modders cannot, and there is in any case a near-infinite list of such fixes to be made. So for me, the textual descriptions are entirely out of scope, even though it would certainly be great if those things were fixed, and I greatly appreciate it when mods such as X-Div put in the effort to make their textual descriptions accurate and useful.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Solver said:

To clarify a bit. I work on the Community Edition. This means I'm in an almost unique position to fix freeze or crash bugs, and to do many other things that modders cannot, and there is in any case a near-infinite list of such fixes to be made. So for me, the textual descriptions are entirely out of scope, even though it would certainly be great if those things were fixed, and I greatly appreciate it when mods such as X-Div put in the effort to make their textual descriptions accurate and useful.

Indeed.

What can be more said about this is that these issues were propably at the bottom of a list with way more pressing issues than string inconsistenies, and the reality of the situation is just that the money propably ran out out on top of an not at all proper engine. So the final product is just as good as it could get, and it is astonishing work nevertheless.

@Lobuno If you fix the inconsistencies i can help you with guaranteeing that the code is correct and bringing out a proper mod, which Solver can include in the next XCE version for everybody, if he wants to. Pm me if you want to work on this, together we can fix this.

Edited by Charon