Xenonauts V1.05 Released!

A small update. It is currently only on the Experimental branch.

CHANGELOG:

• The invulnerable / untargetable alien bug should be gone again
  • Fixed an AI loop
  • Landed UFOs no longer always use the Farm tileset
  • Reapers have been given 10 more TU to prevent them being so passive
  • Human interceptors no longer incorrectly receive a speed boost on Insane relative to Veteran
  • Praetor gun effects have been made a bit meatier

We are hoping to put a hotfix out for this at some point this weekend as there's a couple of crash bugs still to resolve on our list - the multi-level teleport and an unidentified alien turn crash, but I'm unsure exactly when those fixes will arrive.

Let us know if the build is Stable - I'd like to push it out to the main Steam branch relatively soon if so.

Well I've just bought the game today, about an hour ago - On my first mission, there is an untargetable alien killing everyone that I can do nothing about... :(

Got the game through Steam so maybe the latest patch isn't actually installed yet or something?

Is there anything you can do except reload and start again to get around the invincible little bugger?

Well I've just bought the game today, about an hour ago - On my first mission, there is an untargetable alien killing everyone that I can do nothing about... :(

Got the game through Steam so maybe the latest patch isn't actually installed yet or something?

Is there anything you can do except reload and start again to get around the invincible little bugger?

The alien might only be untargetable. Have you tried to target him with manual aiming, it usually helps. There seem to be some sort of glitches with the hitboxes of the UFOs that makes some aliens standing right next to it untargetable.

In any case does waiting for a round usually solve the issue.

Are you using the Experimental build? If not, you won't have this version as it's not been put on the stable branch yet.

Every time I run into the untargetable alien bug what I do is end my turn while I can still see the alien. if it moves or fires my units will correctly reaction fire at it, and it can be targeted from then on. It sucks a bit to make sure that no one gets killed but it fixes the problem.

Is this just another "exe" patch or should I also copy the "reaper" folder from "Xenonauts\assets\units\alien\reaper" into my alt play-through install folder?

The reaper change is in aiprops, so you'll need to copy that. Also, the praetor weapon change affects weapons_gc.xml, although that's only cosmetic so might not matter so much.

The reaper change is in aiprops, so you'll need to copy that. Also, the praetor weapon change affects weapons_gc.xml, although that's only cosmetic so might not matter so much.

Ok, just to make sure I got this right before I move files over (making backups of what's changed just in case too).

Copy and replace the Exe, aiprops, and weapons_gc.xml . and that's it?

Appreciate the help kabill, thanks.

I think so. I wouldn't take my word as gospel, mind. But from what I can tell from the changelog those should be the only things affected.

Wait there's a log of the exact files/filenames changed? If I had known that I would have stopped asking two versions ago...LoL.

You'll need gameconfig.xml too.

Thanks, Chris.

So the list is now, Exe, aiprops, and weapons_gc.xml, and gameconfig.xml . I'll back those up and write in the ones from the update. If anything goes wonky I'll put the backups back in.

I've still never done a whole play-through, seen a alien base but didn't get to assault it, and I'm pretty sure there's more aliens I haven't seen yet. Knowing most of those end game bugs have been squashed before I even got that far is awesome :). I haven't had nearly the time I wish I'd of had to keep up on half the forums.

Edited by RavenX
spelling

Wait there's a log of the exact files/filenames changed? If I had known that I would have stopped asking two versions ago...LoL.

No, no. Sorry. I meant the changelog in the OP. I was inferring what files might have changed from it (not very well, apparently!).

Something weird happened on 1.05. An alien base spawned on australia and my dropships cant land to begin ground assault, whenever they reach the location, they just ask for a new target or spin til they need to refuel. Im currently at the point where i need to capture a praetor.

Storeroom - The item lines in the equipment transfer window between HQ's doesn't line up correctly, can't take screenshots for some reason.

Soldier Transfer - When the soldiers reach the other HQ, their roles are defaulted back to original Rifleman setup.

Is it a known bug for the game to crash when one of your non-selected troopers goes through a teleporter? I just encountered this one. Heard the 'fwwwingg' sound effect (which by the way really needs to be made distinguishable from the psyonic attack sound) and then the game immediately froze.

Okay.. What does it take to have one of my bases assaulted?

I stopped shooting down UFOs from february to may 1980 (until game over screen popped up) and not a single one of my 3 bases was assaulted by the aliens. I thought I'm just good at shooting down scouts & everything, but this.. What's the prerequisite to be assaulted? I'm playing on veteran.