Custom Weapons Art Assets Pool

Wrath_IX

So I have been poking around for a while now with the game back since early access and one of the things that bugged me was that it was difficult to make non-ballistic custom weapons that did not look completely out of place with the art style of the existing weapons.

So to solve that problem I went all chop shop on the art assets and created a tool box of partial weapon components for many of the weapon types so you can use art programs Paint.net (google it.. it is free) to recombine them into new weapons art assets to look like they fit with the games existing art assets

If anyone is interested in this let me know and I will post it up for you to play with here is a quick sample for you to check out

MAGBarrel1.png

MAGDemo.jpg

MAGGrip3.png

MAGHandle2.jpg

MAGUpper3.png

That is a custom asset for say a Mag Sub machine gun

There are some kinks in the assets such as a gap in some of the overlays but with a little work you can fill it in very easily

MAGBarrel1.png

MAGDemo.jpg

MAGGrip3.png

MAGHandle2.jpg

MAGUpper3.png

MAGBarrel1.png.5cd77e052d56309be9f3b74b5

MAGDemo.jpg.6a690961cd583bbd2b8e0e85e63a

MAGGrip3.png.50cb1aa83596abe5647dd5122e6

MAGHandle2.jpg.45391eae1b54b69c41c4a2f57

MAGUpper3.png.3da738421989616daff294d756

Edited by Wrath_IX
Forgot one thing

Few pieces of advice for weapons pictures edit - if you are going to resize anything, use Nearest Neighbor option to preserve pixel sharpness and avoid blurring the picture.

Also, be very careful with the edge pixels with transparency - it is very easy to color them wrong and don't notice it, use black and white background on separate layers to check this.

Ok,

So I have completed laser weapons and Mag weapon. however Plasma are a little more tricky since their designs have a less unified design and thus are not nearly as interchangeable.

Here are the assets

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c7pp1exwkzixm5x/AADJO2Dv6Zd_7U641jWBOHa_a

I have been working off and on on plasma weapon parts but I feel those are not going to be able to do as so modular

also as far as sizing goes; for best in game fit and no distortion each inventory square represents 103 pixels for x and y so if you size your images and canvas with that in mind then what the item looks like in your file will accurately be reflected in game without stretching or shrinking.

so a standard pistol for example is 309-310 pixels on the x axis and 205-206 pixels on the Y axis. so if you wanted to make pistols a 2x2 instead of 3x2 item you could shrink the canvas (not the image) to 205-206 pixels on the x axis and leave the y axis as is.

it takes a bit of playing around but you can make it work pretty easy