Any good streamers doing Insane playthrough Let's Play videos?

Yep, would have a better choice to build a Foxtrot.

This is what I commented in episode 24:

It probably would have helped with a couple of UFOs which were hard to catch. A MIG 32 (Foxtrot) costs 200k instead of 100k to build and needs to be built while the Condor is available after 72h. The airplane doesn't help too much in the beginning (compared to the Condor) and is mostly usefull when tons of "normal" scouts arrive.

The Foxtrot is extremely vulnerable otherwise as it cannot dodge and also has not the turn speed as the Corsair It also has only 300 Hitpoints compaired to the 800 of the Corsair.

So my plan was to "jump" over this tech and go straight for the Corsair.

In the end it probably would have helped to build one or two Foxtrots to get the scouts.

In addition going Foxtrot might have been even more effective because there is a somewhat "hidden" mechanic: If you decomission the Condor you get 0 Credits. If you decomission the Foxtrot you get back all the 200k I think (not tested).

So all in all: I agree, it was a bad idea to not research it. But hey, it worked anyways. ^^

Edit: And after deciding that building a vehicle was a bad idea as well, I should probably have skipped that instead ;)

Edited by Kordanor

Kinda in a rush so I'll not make a long post discussion strat , but I stream Xenonauts on an almost daily basis, Insane with manual ironman(sometimes(but rarely) I break the ironman if the game bugs out.(There is for example a bug where aliens can shoot through their UFO door without opening it, I am pretty sure 1.04 or something introduced it))

http://www.twitch.tv/greenbeanhd

Wow you can't stand your native language? Really?

That happens quite fast if you read/listen to too much english. I'm german, too, and while I wouldn't say i dislike the language, i just got so used to english on the internet, that everything else just feels weird.

And its easier to find someone doing good videos in english than in german (because there are more people doing it), so at some point i probably startet equating german videos with bad players. (Which obviously is not true, its just harder to find something good because there isn't that much of it.)

I totally agree to spacebug. Compared to English Let's Plays German Let's Plays just make a "cheap" impression, even though they can be more professional than english ones. Maybe it's also because insecurity and stuff like that are more apparent if it's your mother tongue.

However, and this is where I can't agree on silencer: German Players speaking english leaves the most horrible impression on me. ^^

When a German guy listens to a spanish or russian player speaking english it's fine. But if a German watches a German speaking english - boy, if he is not speaking 100% free of accent it makes you cringe every time you hear a pronounciation mistake.

That's also one of the reasons I don't do english let's plays. The bigger one is that it doesn't feel natural to me to gabble in english and I am playing for myself first and the recording is only a byproduct.

In the past I played a few games where I have read all the texts loudly. But while it feels fine to me to watch my own videos, every time I watch myself reading english stuff it feels horrible even though non-Germans apparently have no problems with watching that. ^^

There are people like Totalbiscuit who spend thousands and thousands of dollars on getting all the right sound equipment, hundreds of hours fussing over the sound quality, and will mercilessly cut fully produced videos if they don't reach the right standard. But there are more people who seem to get on just fine with a low-grade webcam and a headphone mike. When it comes to LPs, the personality and the persona of the LP'er is WAY more important than accent or sound quality. How else do you explain PewDiePie?

I totally agree to spacebug. Compared to English Let's Plays German Let's Plays just make a "cheap" impression, even though they can be more professional than english ones. Maybe it's also because insecurity and stuff like that are more apparent if it's your mother tongue.

However, and this is where I can't agree on silencer: German Players speaking english leaves the most horrible impression on me. ^^

When a German guy listens to a spanish or russian player speaking english it's fine. But if a German watches a German speaking english - boy, if he is not speaking 100% free of accent it makes you cringe every time you hear a pronounciation mistake.

That's also one of the reasons I don't do english let's plays. The bigger one is that it doesn't feel natural to me to gabble in english and I am playing for myself first and the recording is only a byproduct.

In the past I played a few games where I have read all the texts loudly. But while it feels fine to me to watch my own videos, every time I watch myself reading english stuff it feels horrible even though non-Germans apparently have no problems with watching that. ^^

And other nations don't make mistakes? Have you watched SteelWarriors videos by the way? (just asking only)

Nope, just wanted to check them, but the links he posted in this forum are dead.

Of course other nations do mistakes as well. But to me thats like "he sounds exotic" and not like "arrgll...that was a bad >th<" or "he used German grammar again...to build an english sentence, it hurts!". Well except for spanish people especially stressing the "ed" at the end of each word. That just sounds silly. And French english can sound pretty silly as well. :P

Not sure if it's the same for russians if they listen to other russions speaking english. ^^

But for us Germans it's always a total disaster if you listen to other germans speaking english. I just remember the flame our Eurovision song contestant "Lena" got for her pronounciation though it was almost perfect.

I'm surprised no one mention MetalCanyon: https://www.youtube.com/user/MetalCanyon

He's huge tactic game fan, as well have 'lot of xcom different series. He already played Xenonauts Beta and finished it recently. Now he's recruiting people for second play, as Xenonauts officially released, and for that, he'll play again.

As well, he has good friend BattleBunny: https://www.youtube.com/user/BattleBunny1979

He is similar let's player, and now, when Xenonauts released, he'll start lets play on it too.

Scott Manley https://www.youtube.com/user/szyzyg isn't lets playing Xenonauts, but recently he promoted Xenonauts as very interesting, and in one of recent videos of his Interstellar Quest lets play in Kerbal space program, that he addicted to Xenonauts, and just can't wait to finish all lets play videos, so he could play more Xenonauts. )

You guys have inspired me to do my next LP of the game on ironman mode. Thou I haven't tried out the game after release yet I am looking forward to it. The only problem is the amount of hours in the day, and the amount of content I want to do for my channel.

Think my last v21 stable LP was at 62 episodes when I had to end it. I think I have to change a lot of my earlier tactics for the insane difficulty thou.

My channel is:

https://www.youtube.com/user/SnowiiFrog

I'm surprised no one mention MetalCanyon: https://www.youtube.com/user/MetalCanyon

He's huge tactic game fan, as well have 'lot of xcom different series. He already played Xenonauts Beta and finished it recently. Now he's recruiting people for second play, as Xenonauts officially released, and for that, he'll play again.

Though it's fun to see how long it often takes him to 'get' something, not to forget the repeated mistakes ... again and again and again.