Suggestion: Vehicle level scatter lasers/plasma

I really like the "oomph!" of my pulse laser hunter or scimtar tank, but I'd like to get the option of scatter lasers on them. I mean the first tier allows for either rockets or machine gun, why not to give the similar options for the higher tier weapons?

Money?

I've already looked into this from a modding standpoint. It would cost me quite a lot of cash to get it done properly. "Properly" being:

Garage assets for all three vehicles

Sprite assets for all three vehicles (this is where it's most expensive)

Dropship assets for all three vehicles (each vehicle type+weapon is different in the dropship loadout)

UI asset for the weapon

Xenopedia asset (although it would be possible to get away with not doing it)

As a mod, you could get away with not doing most of that, but you'd expect it done properly by the devs.

At this point in the development process its highly unlikely. I also had that thought and would really like to be able to use higher level vehicles for suppresion duties instead of gibbing everyone, but you can't stay in development forever and some things have to go or aren't worth the effort.

I actually have a mod that, some balance tweaks aside, is pretty much good to go on this. I've changed the original vehicle weapons to be machine-gun type weapons, and then added in alenium, plasma and fusion rockets as an alternative AoE version.

Of course, I've completely stolen existing assets to make it work. But it's good enough for a mod, anyway.

I actually have a mod that, some balance tweaks aside, is pretty much good to go on this. I've changed the original vehicle weapons to be machine-gun type weapons, and then added in alenium, plasma and fusion rockets as an alternative AoE version.

Of course, I've completely stolen existing assets to make it work. But it's good enough for a mod, anyway.

You, mischievous thief!

So when is it coming out :P

I was going to say that should be fairly easy to mod, but Kabill stole my thunder! It would be very nice to have a "light" and "heavy" version of each vehicle. The heavy version would be what we have now, but the "light" version would have an MG type weapon with gobs of ammo.