I think a Q.R.F. (Quick Reaction Force) / Reinforcements would be a great add to this game.

If you had the transportation and units to allow it that is. For example if your team was getting completely destroyed you could call in for reinforcements. Instead of completley losing a team.

IDK the mechanics of the game, i havn't been able to play Alpha my current location prevents me from that.

But whats the communities thoughts on this?

Perhaps the QRF would be something you research and use alien technology to drop a small pod of 4 guys in a mission area. You would activate it within the battlefield.

I would expect this would have very expensive upkeep, have a high construction cost, very slow refueling period, and maybe only limit it to having 1 shot per map or only 1 QRF across all bases.

If it were implemented it would need a hanger like screen for choosing which guys are in the pod, to keep it similar to the rest of the game. Seems like a lot of work. I mean you could just have an extra drop down item for assigning guys to the QRF once it was built in a base, but it would lose some immersion.

I'm not sure this would add much to the game. It is an interesting idea though.

The only reason to include it imo is to have it as base for achivements.

-"completed a game without calling reinforcements."

-"called 50 QRF in terror missions"

-"called 200 QRF in crashsite missions"

-"called 30 QRF in alien base missions"

-"called 1 QRF in Xenonaut base mission from that base" (wth moment :P)

-"Launched a mission at a crashsite by sending QRF instead of chinook"

=P

But since Chris isnt going to code any achivements I don't really see the point of it tbh.