[v1.03 GC] Reapers blown up by hyperions plasma bolt duplicate

I fired the hyperions plasma bolt to a reaper and a reaper "zombie". The reaper died, but the zombie spawned two reapers on top of each other (visible when the animations are not synched). The other duplicate reaper could not be directly targeted, or killed by hyperions gun.

Same happened to me, but my Hunter with laser attachment. I shot two zombies, gibbing them both and leaving behind intact reapers. Shot the reapers, gibbing them and leaving behind a second reaper each.

It is happening no matter what weapon you use. If you kill them after they spawned from zombie you killed in the same turn, they will duplicate and become untargetable until the next turn. It is really a very annoying bug. You basically need to kill the zombie and then move way back so you can leave it to be killed in the next turn. I also think that in general it would be better that if you will blow up the zombie (pulse lasers, rockets, any type of heavy ordinance) the reaper should not spawn. I mean, where is the logic - a healthy creature spawning from tiny bits of vaporized meat? Even in the first X-COM there were situations where Chrysalids were not spawning after the zombie kill