[v1.03 GC] Soldier doesn't get lone survivor medal if casualties survive

There's a medal that a soldier can get for being the sole surviving soldier on a mission. However, the soldier won't get it if some of the killed soldiers turn out to survive. I can see why it happens, but submit that it doesn't make as much sense, because the soldier is still the last man standing in the mission, and should get the medal. Besides, this bug makes the medal quite unlikely to be awarded.

Gen Blowwhistle: We honour you with this medal for being the only survivor on your mission.

Sgt thothkins: Thank you sir. I just wish some of the others could have been here to see..oh, wait there they are. I didn't think they'd make it back from the shops in time for the ceremony.

• 4 weeks later...

I had one mission where I had to pull out with one person alive, and wounded badly (early Psionic and jungle, it was a massacre). It didn't score a survivor medal, all others were left behind dead on the field. Don't know if the game won't award it for abandoned mission, or if it checked the MIA bodies and someone of them actually were "alive". (?)

This medal is so rare, basically it couldn't exist at all so rare. Specially later when you have more soldiers per mission, is there any chance to raise the number from one to for example two or three? Even then the mission would had already been a massacre worth for a medal and slight boost in morale.

Edited by kahvipannu