Night Vision, Gun Accessories, etc.

geoibax

upgradeable weapons was one of the best ideas to come out of the UFO: After+ series. the problem becomes that I don't know how many of these ideas were options at the time. You could possibly convert the weaponized laser into a low powered targetting device (think that's how we ended up with them after failing to create said weaponized laser)

I think scopes in general are already attached to the sniper rifles, but as far as binoculars... Unless the Aliens have some way to counter you could just spot them with the Binos and blast em to bits with whatever weapon fit your heart's desire.

yeah this sort of goes the same way as multiple variants of the same weapon type (eg. ballistic assault rifles). While it would be nice to have differences, they would then begin to overlap in the usefulness of other weapons, and the focus is more on developing progressing in weapon tech than altering existing weapons to last a little loger

I think he was more referring to the fact that this is about the, maybe 10th (probably exaggerating a little) different forum topic on this subject =p

Yeah, which is why I mentioned consolidation. If you have followed any forum for any length of time topics get asked again and again. Not many people take the time to search or want to feel ownership by creating a new thread. It is just how it goes.

Yeah oddly this isn't in the frequently made suggestions sticky so understandably it was going to come up again :)

It has been suggested a few times and the general consensus was that it would dilute the roles of the current weapons and make balancing the roles harder for no real gameplay benefit.

I am almost certain there will be mods done after release with all sorts of different variants though.