Xenonauts V1.03 Released!

This is now pushed to the Stable branch, as it seems a fair bit more stable than V1.01 was.

@Pimpollo - was that on the Experimental branch (which you have to manually sign up for in Steam) or was that on the standard branch of the game? If it was on the standard branch, hopefully that issue is fixed now.

Are any of these patches going up on Desura as well or is it just to much effort to be bothered with?

Dude relax.It's much easier to upload patch which weight 10-200 mb than re-upload whole game each time (2.5 GB) when they do small frequent changes on desura or humble store.When they get all set up and make sure there won't be any major issues they will upload that version for non steam users.

Dude relax.It's much easier to upload patch which weight 10-200 mb than re-upload whole game each time (2.5 GB) when they do small frequent changes on desura or humble store.When they get all set up and make sure there won't be any major issues they will upload that version for non steam users.

I understand that its a lot of work... which is why I asked if it was too much work.

Hi!

How do I know what is my current version other then try to build a new base? Could you please include a version number on the opening menu screen like other games do?

Thanks

Cheers

Psy

PS: Great game experience so far. (I`m in early game, 8hours in)

Bug: I have 2 men sitting outside of a light scout's door, I open the doors and shoot, without closing them. After ending my turn the doors are closed automaticly/no return fire from the aliens...? Anybody else notice this?

My game crashed so far 3 times in my first round as I sighted and killed an alien that wasn't in my LOS as I started map. All 3 crashs happend in different locations and with different targets (Reaper in farm, Wrath in city, Ceasan in artic) and it always only happen in my first turn.

Edit:

4 times now.

Edited by Larus

If i replace the 10.3 AM_AirSuperiority.xml with the 1.01 one, will i get air superiority missions back, or will i mess something else up?

(I never had the soilder equip screen crash before, anyway. Might be linked to me playing on ironman.)

>Building bases now costs $500k instead of $1m, and base maintenance reduced by $75k per month

That's great to hear, actually. Initial coverage without the secondary radar base was a pain.

As for the Air Superiority missions, can they target civilians? Because if they only target Xenonaut craft, the political impact should be negligible, but I get the feeling that is not the case (airliners and fighters getting shot down is probably their fault).

@spacebug: I'm 95% certain that will work fine.

Thanks. I tried it out, nothing blew up so far. (Except a few grenades. And rockets. And my Chinook, because i tought my condor would get the fighter first....)

As for the Air Superiority missions, can they target civilians? Because if they only target Xenonaut craft, the political impact should be negligible, but I get the feeling that is not the case (airliners and fighters getting shot down is probably their fault).

Yes, thats the air superiority missions.

Edited by spacebug

Thank chris!

this update is really much better :)! but i feel the loss of money a bit sharp..is hard to cover almost all the world and providing enough air firepower to avoid region loss..a smoothed founding loss were really welcomed!

p.s: i have seen 2 times alien unfireable...seen by the squad but the cursor never target him,all around the ufo's gates and all in industrial maps(but this is happened only two times)

awesome patch however

Thank chris!

this update is really much better :)! but i feel the loss of money a bit sharp..is hard to cover almost all the world and providing enough air firepower to avoid region loss..a smoothed founding loss were really welcomed!

p.s: i have seen 2 times alien unfireable...seen by the squad but the cursor never target him,all around the ufo's gates and all in industrial maps(but this is happened only two times)

awesome patch however

Why do people keep expecting to be able to easily avoid losing any funding regions when you would need to lose a number of them to lose the game? Surely avoiding any lost continents should be hard on any difficulty!

Why do people keep expecting to be able to easily avoid losing any funding regions when you would need to lose a number of them to lose the game? Surely avoiding any lost continents should be hard on any difficulty!

Personally, I think the funding drop is ok. But I can see why it seems odd during the first month or two when there's very little you can do about it.

I think if funding was about $500,000 a month less, but you got a 'grace period' during the first month where funding couldn't go down, then people would be fine with it even though the net result would be almost identical in terms of the funding you have at the beginning of October. I think its a feeling of powerlessness, as much as anything, which is the problem.

Personally, I think the funding drop is ok. But I can see why it seems odd during the first month or two when there's very little you can do about it.

I think if funding was about $500,000 a month less, but you got a 'grace period' during the first month where funding couldn't go down, then people would be fine with it even though the net result would be almost identical in terms of the funding you have at the beginning of October. I think its a feeling of powerlessness, as much as anything, which is the problem.

I agree it might appear odd but if you can't do anything about it maybe it's intended that way and that doesn't equal losing the game or admitting you suck. Makes you wonder if people are generally spoilt to the extent they cannot accept anything but a flawless, smooth transition to the end game screen. Most complaints I see are something in the lines of "I lost XX funds in month one, how does the game expect me to win?" as if that automatically is too much to swallow.

Even if you lose a region, or two regions - so what? You can't win anymore?

I think the problem is that, if you're not familiar with the game/genre then it's not necessarily clear that it's supposed to be like that. I know there's nothing you can do about it; you know there's nothing you can do about it; but New Player doesn't (necessarily) and might think they're doing something massively wrong instead.

I guess, really, the game needs some way of conveying positive feedback to the player. In the OG, you had a score which was an indicator of how well you'd done in a month even if you'd lost funding or countries. In XCOM 2012, you got a rating at the end of the month and in any case you could see the panic levels of the countries.

In Xenonauts, in contrast, numbers basically just go down. The difference between a 'good' month and a 'bad' month is that the numbers go down less, but you only know that with experience. There's nothing to say "hey, you did pretty well this month, even if the nations are a bit pissed that you didn't stop that Corvette exploding half the countryside".

Of course, this reverses later in the game (if you don't just lose), but a new player doesn't know that, either. All they know is that the numbers are going down *now*, even though they shot down ten UFOs and cleared them flawlessly.

I'm not sure there's much/anything that can be done mind.

It would be nice if the lost countries could be recovered if you detected a large alien base and assaulted it. In veteran mode its pretty easy to loose 4 nations fast, once you have limited funding your basically relying on rookie soldiers who get creamed mission after mission.

It would be nice if the lost countries could be recovered if you detected a large alien base and assaulted it. In veteran mode its pretty easy to loose 4 nations fast, once you have limited funding your basically relying on rookie soldiers who get creamed mission after mission.

Not possibly going to make this major change after release.