Xenonauts V1.03 Released!

That loadout crash, SO EASY TO REPRODUCE, unsure why its not addressed yet!

As I learned through some experimentation with this bug, "easy to reproduce" and "easy to reproduce on everyone's machine" are not the same.

I have a way I can force the equipment screen bug 100% of the time, but it barely happens at all on other machines even when using the same procedure and even the same save. Mystery bug is mysterious.

Dear Developers,

•Hidden Movement screen endless loop has been fixed in V1.0.3.

has not been fixed! I am stuck on a Ground Mission in America at a Millitary Base.

There is no Chance to make the next move, otherwise you "Abort the Mission" in the Options Panel

Thanks for Fixing these Bug!

For resolving I add a Save Game.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0TH1bVOX6EcQnFOWkdyQ3pNNTQ/edit''>https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0TH1bVOX6EcQnFOWkdyQ3pNNTQ/edit' rel="external nofollow">

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0TH1bVOX6EcQnFOWkdyQ3pNNTQ/edit

Greets ......

Edited by Xenon

Great work! It's been a long road and I am still having a blast with the game.

A minor bug I have noticed involves reserving TU for an aimed shot and then switching to another weapon. This keeps the reserved TU but if I equip a stun baton I have to go back and click none to release the TU. Furthermore, I have been able to distance hit aliens with the stun baton (as in swing and hit aliens 6 tiles away in my line of sight) after reserving TU with a precision rifle. I will experiment when other combinations when I have the time.

*Edit* Quick Follow up: I have been able to reproduce the bug following these steps.

Start turn fresh with gun equipped and full TU.

Reserve TU for some type of shot.

Swap weapon with stun baton.

Attack and alien within line of sight a distance away.

The soldier will charge to the alien and stop when it hits the reserve TU.

The soldier will then distance stun baton the alien.

Thanks again!

Edited by mindbox

Great work! It's been a long road and I am still having a blast with the game.

A minor bug I have noticed involves reserving TU for an aimed shot and then switching to another weapon. This keeps the reserved TU but if I equip a stun baton I have to go back and click none to release the TU. Furthermore, I have been able to distance hit aliens with the stun baton (as in swing and hit aliens 6 tiles away in my line of sight) after reserving TU with a precision rifle. I will experiment when other combinations when I have the time.

*Edit* Quick Follow up: I have been able to reproduce the bug following these steps.

Start turn fresh with gun equipped and full TU.

Reserve TU for some type of shot.

Swap weapon with stun baton.

Attack and alien within line of sight a distance away.

The soldier will charge to the alien and stop when it hits the reserve TU.

The soldier will then distance stun baton the alien.

Thanks again!

This is the same problem with medkits. I've already reported it here: http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/10437-v1-03-Ground-Combat-Switching-to-medkit-reserved-TUs

Please post comments in that thread to bring attention to the issue.

I am stuck on a Ground Mission in America at a Millitary Base.

There is no Chance to make the next move, otherwise you "Abort the Mission" in the Options Panel

Thanks for Fixing these Bug!

For resolving I add a Save Game.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0TH1bVOX6EcQnFOWkdyQ3pNNTQ/edit''>https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0TH1bVOX6EcQnFOWkdyQ3pNNTQ/edit' rel="external nofollow">

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0TH1bVOX6EcQnFOWkdyQ3pNNTQ/edit

I can confirm this hangs on end turn....although this should be moved to the bug forum

Following save with v1.03 contains 2 bugs for reproduction:

1. CTD when opening first door of final mission

2. GUI glitch when placing tank (pod is above tank)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e71t7e30be5wyb9/Test_save.sav

To reproduce the above issues, the final operation should be initiated with Valkyre and then the door opened by any soldier in the first player turn

I still encounter a few crashs in the first round (just waiting a round before acting helps) of any mission which are strangly enough all preventable by instandly loading the auto-save and continuing from there. Same goes for the crash when you open in the door in the final mission.

I can live with it :D

As long as there isn't something wrong with your game is there no problem from my side. I'll try a clean installation, it might help. I never installed any mods in that folder but you never know.

I can live with it :D

As long as there isn't something wrong with your game is there no problem from my side. I'll try a clean installation, it might help. I never installed any mods in that folder but you never know.

I always delete the entire Xenonauts directory from Steam and do a fresh install when a new version comes out.

I've found a very minor cosmetic issue which is bugging me - Czechoslovakia is named Czechslovakia on the geoscape :eek:

Other than that, I've just started playing and I'm enjoying the game after a long pause :)

Also - do I remember this wrong or didn't the geoscape have more detailed info on planes when max zoomed in? Such as altitude and max speed.

And the nice crashed UFO graphics in tactical map are not used anymore? Man, a lot has changed...

Edited by Shima

Just had a crash, tossed 2 plasma grenades at a Caesan in first turn from 2 separate soldiers. Was unable to produce it second time around. Perhaps a random one.

Also noticed Scimitar tank graphics renders on top of tall concrete walls. But am sure that is very low priority fix.

Edited by PRiME

Wow, this sounds like, you know, a genuine alien invasion and not some pacifist cow examiners ;)

I grew up on a dairy farm and we had the veterinarian come by on a regular basis. If any cow ever thought him a pacifist examiner, the illusion was quickly dispelled when he went shoulder deep into the nearest bovine rectum.

Larus - that's kinda strange actually, you're the only one I've seen reporting those issues.

Same thing happens to me thou it started only after i started using Valkyrie transport

Autosave load plays fine

one thing it seems to take a lot longer on the mission loading screen when it is going to crash

sometimes it crashes on first move sometimes on enemy hit sometimes on door open (as far as i recall all on the first player turn)

oh and the tank drop pod is misaligned :)

I grew up on a dairy farm and we had the veterinarian come by on a regular basis. If any cow ever thought him a pacifist examiner, the illusion was quickly dispelled when he went shoulder deep into the nearest bovine rectum.

Oh dear god, my mind...my soul...gone. O_O

On a separate note, really liking the full release. Had not played since experimental version 22.6.

O how the game has changed and I like it.

I still encounter a few crashs in the first round (just waiting a round before acting helps) of any mission which are strangly enough all preventable by instandly loading the auto-save and continuing from there. Same goes for the crash when you open in the door in the final mission.

I experienced the same thing many times as well, I didn't report it because I wasn't using a clean install.

Yep I had to cheat a bit altering the price of alenium so I could survive, building a second base and trying to man it so I can cover more terrain is becoming a financial pain in the a**. And I've lost south america and south africa to the aliens -_-

In my opinion the financial aspect of the game needs some checking, I built a laser rifle for 40k and 4 alien alloys and I sell it for 20k, this is outrageous! and of course that if I can get enough alloys at the beginning of the game, I strip a whole scout and I get enough alloys to build one laser rifle, two with luck. What are my engineers doing?

Other than that game is pretty amazing, keep it up.