[MOD WIP] Asymmetric Weapons Tech with Plausible Advanced Ballistics

catmorbid

Check out the official mod thread for latest version here!

AWTPAB.jpg

Download

Download version 0.3 here

Features

• Compatible with Xenonauts 1.06HF
  • 8 completely new Ballistics weapons with GUI graphics
  • 28 new weapon sounds across the board!
  • Completely rebalanced weapon tech for weapons that feel uniquely different (first pass).
  • New Research and Manufactures (Advanced Ballistics)
  • Refreshed Xenopedia entries. Some inconsistencies still exist, but I'll work on those in due time.
  • Integrated TRUE LASER Mod, with the permission of LtParsons!

Ideas for future features:

- Rebalance, rebalance...

- Alien race rebalance to work better with Asymmetric Weapons Tech

- Work on some Xenonaut entries to improve the consistency in the weapons tech descriptions

- Shoulder-launched Sniper Rifles designed for the Predator Armour

- ???

- Profit. Or not.

Asymmetric Weapons Tech

I was very dissapointed with the linear nature of the weapons tech progression. Reaching new tech level basically just gives you a +1 Assault Rifle or whatever, instead of really trying to make each weapon tech have a unique gameplay feel. So I decided to change that.

- Ballistics focus on being PRACTICAL. They're cheap (unlimited) and get the work done.

- Advanced Ballistics focus on EXTREMES. When faced with a threat out of this world, going a little over the top isn't necessarily overkill. Whatever means get you to the end. Advanced Ballistics are sometimes impractical, often curious prototype designs from the near future of the era (i.e. early 80s). They are, over all plausible parts of the ballistic arsenal.

- Lasers are all about FINESSE. They deal relatively low damage, sometimes even less than the basic ballistic weapon of similar type, but they excel in accuracy, making them excellent choices for rookies. Most laser weapons have some sort of burst mode to further emphasize their ability to simply hit things.

- Plasma weapons focus on POWER. They are slow, powerful single shot weapons. They are most dependent on soldier's accuracy, making them good veteran soldier weapons, but poor choice for the rookies. The most powerful variants have a small area of effect.

- MAG weapons focus on CHAOS. They are ultra-rapid-fire weapons that shoot needle-like projectiles made from alien alloys, which have high penetration, but low damage per projectile. While individual projectiles are somewhat harmless, a hundred of them definitely isn't. Uncontrollable huge bursts make crowd control easy, collateral damage a guarantee and friendly fire almost certain.

For details, download the mod and see the changelog, or just fire it up and test for yourself :) I've included an optional mod that will unlock all weapons from the start, so you can just test all the weapons without first playing 20 hours of new campaign :)

Advanced Weapons

Advanced Assault Rifle, based on H&K G11 (designed since 1968, went into actual production in the 1980s)

- Shorter range than rifle, but more accurate. Very accurate and fast 3 round burst mode at 2000 rpm (with sounds)

- 45 round magazine

g11_gui.jpg

Assault Shotgun, based on AA12 (Original since 1972, latest variant 2005)

- 20 round drum magazine

- 5 round burst at 300 rpm (with sounds)

- Shorter range and less accurate than normal shotgun

aa12_gui.jpg

Heavy Pistol: S&W Model 29 .44 Magnum

- High single shot damage

- Scoped for extended effective range

- Slow to fire, low capacity

magnum2.jpg

Personal Defence Weapon (PDW), based on MAC-10 .45 ACP

- .45 caliber high-power ammunition.

- 10 round bursts (twice a turn)

- Poor Accuracy but usable one-handed!

mac10.jpg

Automatic Grenade Launcher, Based on Hawk MM-1 (heavy weapon)

- Shoots grenades at rapid rate. Can shoot bursts or aim for accurate shots.

- Range seems to be stuck at grenade throwing range, can't find any way to change it :(

hawk.jpg

Anti-Tank Rifle, based on Barret M82 .50 BMG

- Large and heavy rifle that allows little room for other equipment

- Very long range, but slow to setup (high minimum TU cost)

- Extremely accurate at max aim

- Most powerful ballistic single shot weapon

m82.jpg

And last, but not least...

Minigun, based on XM214 5.56mm motherfucker

- Too heavy for normal soldiers: 32kg total including ammo backpack (4x5 tiles), insane recoil.

- 50 round bursts once per turn

- Poor accuracy

- A powered armor would be nice...

minigun.jpg

A final bonus addition:

Heavy Battle Rifle

- Fictional weapon based on a Bullpup AK model, re-imagined to .338 Magnum

- Long range and high accuracy

- High Power single shots, 3 round bursts (1 per round)

- Recoil comparable to Machine Gun

magnum_rifle.jpg

Help wanted

- Please download the latest version and test he hell out of it :) It's a rebalance mod, so I want all feedback I can get. I've included an optional mod in the download that will unlock all weapons from the start, so you can just pick any weapons and start testing.

- All graphics contributions are welcome, mainly images of weapons and their magazines is required. E.g. if you can make a better version than what I already have, please do :) You will naturally be credited.

- Any other ideas are welcome as well.

Credits

- Goldhawk for creating Xenonauts

- Xenonauts community

- Freesound.org for a great library of Creative Commons licences sounds

- XNT - Into Darkness team for developing their mod. Their efforts helped me understand lot of the modding process and especially replace the unit animations

Mod Forum Thread:

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/10689-%28New-version%29-XNT-Into-Darkness-V5-0-PlatinumDragon-%28New-Game-Universe-Mod%29

- Mikhail Ragulin for developing Magnum-nauts and Magnum Force, for ideas and inspiration

Mod Forum Thread:

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/10381-Magnum-nauts

- LtParsons for TRUE LASER mod

Mod Forum Thread:

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/4798-Mod-True-laser-beam

aa12_gui.jpg

g11_gui.jpg

hawk.jpg

m82.jpg

mac10.jpg

minigun.jpg

magnum_rifle.jpg

magnum2.jpg

AWTPAB.jpg

aa12_gui.jpg.eb1ceaa214a33761c2d56f7a8ae

g11_gui.jpg.a7f9eb0967b795fce87884c39a81

hawk.jpg.780c0ad7822cf32daa894313f8a6066

m82.jpg.559237cc17c7e90da9fe69e37ec0cc52

mac10.jpg.18d3f7e83efcef55c5944e8f6ae206

minigun.jpg.130576c6dd520c5f4ace761f804a

magnum_rifle.jpg.a1fe78a1f09730efca78b91

magnum2.jpg.92fd0ab360a98f997c6f13796e86

AWTPAB.jpg.2111da14cf1bf0fd64cecb78a9e5a

Edited by catmorbid
Update

Just a quick thought, but have you considered how you're going to make five tiers of weapons accessible in the equipment screen? I'm not 100% sure on this, but the UI might only be able to support four categories. (And even if it can support more, you'll probably need to mod the UI itself to be able to fit it in).

There's two solutions I can think of:

1) Just have your advanced ballistic tier fit in the ballistic section. That's serviceable, but personally I'd fine the tab too cluttered with the basic and advanced weapons in the same place.

2) Have the advanced ballistic tier be a one-off flat upgrade like explosive weapons. That way, you can set the new weapons to replace the old ones, allowing you to use the ballistic tier box without it being cluttered. However, it will mean that you won't need to manufacture the new weapons.

(I guess, alternatively, you could simply remove one of the other tiers instead. Indeed, if you're not sure what you're doing with MAG weapons, you could remove them outright and bump up Laser and Plasma weapons to fit your new weapons where Laser once was. That might help with game balance/tech tree related things, too!)

Follow the link in my signature and have a poke around there for ideas if you like. There's quite a few prototype/experimental weapons from the time in there. In the last post, there's a pic of the aa12 in the breaching photo (it's going into the next edition) that's mostly been cleaned up and should snip out easy (I've got an ammo drum all ready to go for it too, if you need one).

Help wanted

- I'm currently looking for good ideas for weapons included in the advanced ballistics tech. I've several in mind, but nothing's set in stone. The only criteria being that it could not have existed beyond a prototype stage in 1979, give or take a few years.

- All graphics contributions are welcome, mainly images of weapons and their magazines is required. E.g. if you can make a better version than what I already have, please do You will naturally be credited.

- Any other ideas are welcome as well.

What you can add in advance ballistics is a MG3 (fast RoF high accuracy but terrible ammo consumption); Eventually you can design a Wiesel 1A1 with a Rh202 (Wiesel 1Mk20) or a BMD1 to replace the Ferret.

for Assault rifles there is a lot of ideas. AK-74, FAMAS, HK-G3A3 (20round magazine-> idea), SteyrAUG, FN FAL

SMG can replace shotguns: AKS-74, MP5, G3K, MAT49

LMG: L7, M240, MG3, FN Minimi, Ksp58, RPK, PKM, Stoner63

Precision rfile: Dragunov SVD, G3A3ZF, etc...

Rocket launchers: LRAC F1 (long range , powerfull, Heavy), SARPAC, M72, RR gun.

What can be an idea for the advanced ballistics would be to mix a bit the roles of the weapons. As an example, the Germans developed the Leichte MG3 for urban fighting. A lighter version of the MG3, a bit less powerfull but able to be fired from the hip without making the bearer flying backward. These kind of "light" LMG could replace shotguns, the SMG could fill a place between shotguns and Assault rifles (or pistols),

Most evolved assault rifles are enough accurate to be comparable to a precision rifle at 700m.

I think a good idea would be to fulfill dual-roles with advanced ballistics.

I know the AK47 is:

+ easy to add (cos there are already sprites prepared)

+ a part of pop-culture, so extremly popular

But... would you really arm the world's elite forces with AK47s?

- it's reliable (though there were more reliable guns in the 70')

- it has simple, sturdy mechanics (so it's easy to use and learn ....but aren't your men the worlds elite how already know how to use ANY gun ...unless you take into account the terror factor)

- it is cheap (that is no concern for xenonauts)

If anything, wouldn't you want to change it to an Ak74, maybe AKM at least? (or perhaps does anyone have any better kalashnikov suggestions?)

Faced with an alien invasion I would personally more likealy pick something from the european arsenal, rather than a kalashnikov (provided cost wouldn't be an issue and you would have highly trained soldiers).

I know the AK47 is:

- it has simple, sturdy mechanics (so it's easy to use and learn ....but aren't your men the worlds elite how already know how to use ANY gun ...unless you take into account the terror factor)

If anything, wouldn't you want to change it to an Ak74, maybe AKM at least? (or perhaps does anyone have any better kalashnikov suggestions?)

Faced with an alien invasion I would personally more likealy pick something from the european arsenal, rather than a kalashnikov (provided cost wouldn't be an issue and you would have highly trained soldiers).

There is the Saiga12 for the "Red" shotgun

For assault rifle/semi Automatic carbine and SMG there are the

MPI KmS72, AMD65, WASR10 GP, PM65, AKMS (AKM derivatives all of 'em)

After there is the AK10x. They appeared in the mid 90s but basically they are AK74 in synthetic material.

I forgot the funny stuff of the Warsaw pact: the RPO Rys. A Rocket launcher with thermobaric rockets. Ideal to clean the confined space of a space ship.

xD

Edited by flef

You will find the "high accuracy" concept for any weapon tier a frustrating one, because of cover. After base accuracy for a weapon is calculated and a 95% maximum accuracy cap applied, cover is then deducted. It doesn't matter how accurate you make a weapon, because you can't get higher than 95% accuracy prior to cover deduction, you can't make "high" accuracy weapons feel accurate in comparison to other weapon tiers. But you'll see that for yourself when you try it out.

Follow the link in my signature and have a poke around there for ideas if you like. There's quite a few prototype/experimental weapons from the time in there. In the last post, there's a pic of the aa12 in the breaching photo (it's going into the next edition) that's mostly been cleaned up and should snip out easy (I've got an ammo drum all ready to go for it too, if you need one).

Oh, hey that's a nice collection you've got there! I'm going for a more narrow but carefully selected choices though. Would you mind if I used some material from your mod? With full credits of course.

What you can add in advance ballistics is a MG3 (fast RoF high accuracy but terrible ammo consumption); Eventually you can design a Wiesel 1A1 with a Rh202 (Wiesel 1Mk20) or a BMD1 to replace the Ferret.

for Assault rifles there is a lot of ideas. AK-74, FAMAS, HK-G3A3 (20round magazine-> idea), SteyrAUG, FN FAL

SMG can replace shotguns: AKS-74, MP5, G3K, MAT49

LMG: L7, M240, MG3, FN Minimi, Ksp58, RPK, PKM, Stoner63

Precision rfile: Dragunov SVD, G3A3ZF, etc...

Rocket launchers: LRAC F1 (long range , powerfull, Heavy), SARPAC, M72, RR gun.

What can be an idea for the advanced ballistics would be to mix a bit the roles of the weapons. As an example, the Germans developed the Leichte MG3 for urban fighting. A lighter version of the MG3, a bit less powerfull but able to be fired from the hip without making the bearer flying backward. These kind of "light" LMG could replace shotguns, the SMG could fill a place between shotguns and Assault rifles (or pistols),

Most evolved assault rifles are enough accurate to be comparable to a precision rifle at 700m.

I think a good idea would be to fulfill dual-roles with advanced ballistics.

That's a nice list, I'll have to check those out. The idea of dual roles is definitely something I'd like to keep in mind. In fact I think the AA12 I've implemented already does that: It's not only an effective close combat weapon but also useful for support and suppression at longer ranges 5 shot bursts and 9 pellets per shot.

The G11 is just something I've always liked a lot, so it was the first one to get in, but I'm not sure what other role than assault rifle it would fulfill, except assault... thanks to the fast 3 round bursts.

I know the AK47 is:

I think the idea with the basic weapons is tried and true weapons which have been mass produced for a couple of decades already. The M16 fits there perfectly, although it also has a crappy reputation. The idea of using AK47 as the higher calibre battle rifle variant just makes more sense in that context - though it might be better to just use the black AK graphics and claim it's actually one of the AK variants. Anyway, since those weapons are infinite, you would presume they're both cheap and easy to come by.

For the Advanced Weapons I'm definitely looking for something more interesting. I'm thinking of a Battle Rifle that also acts as a Sniper rifle.

You will find the "high accuracy" concept for any weapon tier a frustrating one, because of cover. After base accuracy for a weapon is calculated and a 95% maximum accuracy cap applied, cover is then deducted. It doesn't matter how accurate you make a weapon, because you can't get higher than 95% accuracy prior to cover deduction, you can't make "high" accuracy weapons feel accurate in comparison to other weapon tiers. But you'll see that for yourself when you try it out.

Hmh, that's a bit of a disappointment. I do kind of understand the decision from the standpoint of making cover more important, but still... I would've expected to get more use out of high accuracy. I'll just have to see how well it works. Thanks for that info!

This doesn't seem to be the case any more. I've got snipers in my current game who have 75% chance to hit over 45% cover. At best, they should have what, 63% if it was capped at 95% before penalties.

I've made some progress in the last couple of days, having finished the initial advanced ballistics -weapon setup.

Without further ado, here's the full list. They're all complete with gui graphics and sounds, but still under some testing.

Advanced Assault Rifle, based on H&K G11 (designed since 1968, went into actual production in the 1980s)

- Shorter range than rifle, but more accurate. Very accurate 3 round burst mode at 2000 rpm (with sounds)

- 45 round magazine

g11_gui.jpg

Assault Shotgun, based on AA12 (Original since 1972, latest variant 2005)

- 20 round drum magazine

- 5 round burst at 300 rpm (with sounds)

- Shorter range and less accurate than normal shotgun

aa12_gui.jpg

Heavy Pistol: S&W Model 29 .44 Magnum

- High single shot damage

- Scoped for extended effective range

- Slow to fire, low capacity

magnum.jpg

Personal Defence Weapon (PDW), based on MAC-10 .45 ACP

- .45 caliber high-power ammunition.

- 10 round bursts (twice a turn)

- Poor Accuracy but usable one-handed!

mac10.jpg

Automatic Grenade Launcher, Based on Hawk MM-1 (heavy weapon)

- Shoots grenades at rapid rate. Can shoot bursts or aim for accurate shots.

- Range seems to be stuck at grenade throwing range, can't find any way to change it :(

hawk.jpg

Anti-Tank Rifle, based on Barret M82 .50 BMG

- Large and heavy rifle that allows little room for other equipment

- Very long range, but slow to setup (high minimum TU cost)

- Extremely accurate at max aim

- Most powerful ballistic single shot weapon

m82.jpg

And last, but not least...

Minigun, based on XM214 5.56mm motherfucker

- Too heavy for normal soldiers: 32kg total including ammo backpack (4x5 tiles), insane recoil.

- 50 round bursts once per turn

- Poor accuracy

- A powered armor would be nice...

minigun.jpg

As for the research, I plan on dividing it into two: the basic Adv Ballistics will unlock MAC-10, Magnum, AA-12 and Hawk. Basically weapons that exist already in the era. The second one will unlock the rest, more experimental weapons: G11, Barret M82 and the Minigun.

The current plan is that both in total would amount to roughly the same time as Laser Weapons research would. Of course, Minigun won't actually of much use before you've got either a very strong soldier or have researched the power armours.

Feedback is welcome! I'll probably get a test version without the research, just unlimited weapons from early on, out pretty soon. Once I feel the balance is right, I'll toss in the research, and manufactures for the experimental weapons (2nd tier of adv. ballistics)

minigun.jpg

magnum.jpg

mac10.jpg

m82.jpg

hawk.jpg

g11_gui.jpg

aa12_gui.jpg

minigun.jpg.c14a2c43a13ece034fe5a0083cb6

magnum.jpg.be02a6d6311e8964e477605aef100

mac10.jpg.18abe40854a1e499de3d2d27aa8242

m82.jpg.f2edf46cfe74bc59a2b012ff4d54ba91

hawk.jpg.fa67bb3aed19f6c43fa69a8e1ad4b94

g11_gui.jpg.7877ca1a62012b1ff658e49c5f3b

aa12_gui.jpg.80d03b7a59e1fa30980c09945ea

Edited by catmorbid

Remember put the acknowledged if you use XNT Into Darkness Template for create weapons, we made a very hard work adding tons of weapons.

The progress looks good, some of the weapons has interesting.

Maybe small changes chan make huge differences if you know deeply how the system works, specially recoil and range.

Remember put the acknowledged if you use XNT Into Darkness Template for create weapons, we made a very hard work adding tons of weapons.

The progress looks good, some of the weapons has interesting.

Maybe small changes chan make huge differences if you know deeply how the system works, specially recoil and range.

Sure thing, I'll remember to credit you :)

I'm a bit disappointed that the grenade launcher's range seemingly can't be affected, or maybe I haven't dug deep enough yet. You guys haven't found anything on it by chance? :)

I'm just trying to model all weapons as realistically as possible, thankfully there are quite a few systems in the game that allow me to do that. Sadly not quite enough, as per the grenade launcher issue I'm having.

Sure thing, I'll remember to credit you :)

I'm a bit disappointed that the grenade launcher's range seemingly can't be affected, or maybe I haven't dug deep enough yet. You guys haven't found anything on it by chance? :)

I'm just trying to model all weapons as realistically as possible, thankfully there are quite a few systems in the game that allow me to do that. Sadly not quite enough, as per the grenade launcher issue I'm having.

Did you put the prop=x range to the grenade launcher? The ammo of the weapon es .weapon.grenade.frag?

Explain me about the method.

Well, the .xml for the grenade launcher looks like this:

<Weapon name="weapon.hawk" bulletType="gasgrenade" emptySound="Empty Click 1">	<props range="100" hands="2" recoil="50" weight="8" isHeavy="0" clipSize="12" reloadAPCost="35" reloadSound="Weapon Shotgun Reload" reactionModifier="0.5" />	<SingleShot sound="Weapon Hawk Single" delay="0.7" suppressionValue="50" suppressionRadius="1.5">		<Set1 ap="35" accuracy="35" />		<Set2 ap="50" accuracy="60" />                       <Set3 ap="67" accuracy="100" />	</SingleShot>		               <BurstFire ap="60" accuracy="25" sound="Weapon Hawk Burst" delay="0.6" burstdelay="0.2" shotCount="3" suppressionValue="150" suppressionRadius="2" />	<GUIImage name="gui/weapons/hawk.png"/>	<GroundImage name="grounditemimages/ballistic_rifle.png"/>	<Ammos>		<Ammo name="ammo.ballistic.40mmDrum" type="kinetic" damage="50" stunDamage="0" mitigation="0" isOverdamage="1">			<Projectile spectre="projectiles/grenades/grenade_frag" speed="750" showAfterDistance="60"/>			<Impact spectre="particles/smallgrenade/small_grenade" radius="1.5" sound="Weapon Frag Grenade" fireChance="5" smokeChance="15" gasType="GrenadeFragSmoke" />		</Ammo>	</Ammos></Weapon> 

And no matter what I set for range in props, it doesn't change. I haven't found any indication of any other variable anywhere, so sadly it looks like it's hardcoded, related to the bullettype variable, which is probably defined somewhere in the code. Otherwise the weapon seems to work fine. I'm not sure if the range is strength-related or something.

A quick update:

I've just finished all graphics and sounds and descriptions. There aren't new unit animations and sadly there never will. They have to be recycled from existing animations instead. I'm not feeling too fancy about doing a metric shit ton of pixel work just to make a gun look little more like it should :)

Anyway, the advanced weapons arsenal was missing a little bit of something, so I went looking for a nice Battle Rifle to complement the new arsenal. The thing is, Battle Rifles aren't really that popular among modern arsenal, so the ones that exist today pretty much existed already in the era of game, so there isn't much to look for.

I know I first said I'll model all weapons based on real weapons, so this one kinda breaks that. Also might be I went a little crazy with this one. *shrugs* Oh well...

Heavy Battle Rifle

When researching for proper replacements for the old Battle Rifle, our researchers came to an impassé, finding none that would fit the role. It's clear that small caliber rounds are simply not powerful enough against the alien menace, so we began instead to plan our very own Battle Rifle. The Main design comes from one of our engineers, a Russian gunsmith, who basically used the old Kalashnikov as a rough template and worked from there. And boy did he work on something.

The Heavy Battle Rifle is designed for all ranges, and uses powerful .338 Magnum rounds - a sniper calibre cartridge. The weapon's quite heavy, and the large calibre takes its toll on practical magazine size. Trust me, our engineers worked their best to manage even this much. Regardless of its flaws, the Heavy Battle Rifle is a truly astonishing and versatile weapon that excels both as sniper rifle and assault weapon. It should fit in fine with the rest of our arsenal.

Range: 25

Damage: 75 Kinetic / 20 Stun

Suppression: 40 Single / 120 Burst

Mitigation: 15

Ammo Capacity: 15 shots

Reaction Modifier: 1.0x

Recoil: 70

Fire Modes:

- 34% TU / 55 Acc x 1 shot

- 45% TU 95 Acc x 1 shot

- 65% TU 150 Acc x 1 shot

- 60%% TU 50 Acc x 3 shots

magnum_rifle.jpg

My justification is that since there wasn't a weapon suitable for the role, i had to make one up :) I found a nice photo for some AK bullpup rifle (probably just a furniture, not a real weapon), so took that and started some photoshopping to make it look like it could hold those .338 Lapua Magnum rounds ^.^

Right now I'm working on tweaking the guns to find a good balance. Right now there are some crashes and stability issues, which I don't know are because of my mod or not. Thanks to the recent updates, I have to check out if any of my stuff overwrites any patch stuff or not.

magnum_rifle.jpg

magnum_rifle.jpg.e1d7d8038aebcd82bf94173

Ok, I decided to release version 0.1 for public. Details are inside the readme in the zip. Just install assets folder to xenonauts asset folder and overwrite everything.

Feedback is very welcome :)

download version 0.1

- Initial test release. Compatible with Xenonauts 1.04

- Includes all Advanced Weapons (gfx, sfx) and rebalanced laser weapons

- Does NOT include manufactures or researches yet

Anyway, the advanced weapons arsenal was missing a little bit of something, so I went looking for a nice Battle Rifle to complement the new arsenal. The thing is, Battle Rifles aren't really that popular among modern arsenal, so the ones that exist today pretty much existed already in the era of game, so there isn't much to look for.

This picked my curiosity and i wandered around the wiki for a bit. Found one interesting quote here:

The difference between a battle rifle and a designated marksman rifle is often only one of terminology; many of the weapons below are currently still in use, re-designated as DMRs.

Which led me to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragunov_SVU - look very similar to your battle rifle mockup.

%D0%A1%D0%92%D0%A3-%D0%90%D0%A1.jpg

Hey, that's a good find, it does bear similarity :) I guess I didn't find it because it's a bit out of the time frame, being used in the 90's, while what I'm looking for should exist around at early to mid 80s.

I did look at a lot of sniper rifles, none really stood out as the kind I'd like to implement :/