Multiple Suqad move / Less grind for 'easy' missions

I searched the forums and couldn't find a thread about this, weird. I just started playing and I noticed there was no quick resolve option (Though I'd never use that) but more importantly you can't move squad members in a group.

On very tricky missions who would want to do that, however on the repetitive missions I really believe this is a must. I don't want to move every member of 10 to the edge of the map over 10 turns, it's a grind and it's boring.

Also (and tell me if I should post this in another thread) I'm available to fill in some item descriptions for free if you want, I do freelance article writing online and write science fiction :)

I searched the forums and couldn't find a thread about this, weird. I just started playing and I noticed there was no quick resolve option (Though I'd never use that) but more importantly you can't move squad members in a group.

On very tricky missions who would want to do that, however on the repetitive missions I really believe this is a must. I don't want to move every member of 10 to the edge of the map over 10 turns, it's a grind and it's boring.

Also (and tell me if I should post this in another thread) I'm available to fill in some item descriptions for free if you want, I do freelance article writing online and write science fiction :)

I wouldn't mind having the option of selecting more than one guy and issuing an order once. This would really speed up the process of sending out pairs (or more) of troops from the starting location.

I'm not sure I get it. Why would you need to move your guys to the edge in bulk like that? Could you elaborate for me in what situation the bulkmove would make it easier for you? When you chose to ignore the secondary objecting and hunt the last alien? Or some other situation?

How many turns does it take to move from one edge straight across to the other btw? (Just out of curiosity)

I used to do it if I found a large cluster of mobiles on the motion scanner and there weren't any civilians around. Usually meant I'd found the entire alien squad, so it was time for annihilation. This was in Apoc, btw. since I can't afford to pre-order til I get paid on the 1st.

You can't move in teams, but you can press the soldier hokeys (1-9) and move each new soldier while the other one is still in motion, which speeds things up quite a lot.

works for me boss, still means I can move people in a quick, proficient military manner! lol

ok I tested out squad movement using this method and it is a bit less cumbersome. Another gripe is that reserve orders don't carry on to the next round.

Basically the points I'm making are to eliminate repetitive micromanagement. Micromanagement is great when there is enough against you but when you are hunting the last alien or setting up initial squad movements it's incredibly irksome and detracts from the main events.

Seriously I think it should be looked into

Another gripe is that reserve orders don't carry on to the next round.

Basically the points I'm making are to eliminate repetitive micromanagement. Micromanagement is great when there is enough against you but when you are hunting the last alien or setting up initial squad movements it's incredibly irksome and detracts from the main events.

Seriously I think it should be looked into

Cykodelik its not going to be "looked into" because its a feature already decided to be included. It's comming don't worry about it, the current system isnt the intended design.