Invulnerable / Untargetable Aliens

So in V1.02 I turned off the feature that disabled move animations for units moving about in terrain outside the player's vision (we use it to speed up turns). A few hours ago I also updated the Stable branch with that specific change in a 10kb stealth update.

This means that both branches of the game should have this feature disabled. Please can you let us know in this thread if you encounter the invulnerable / untargetable alien bug at any point from now onwards, on either branch?

I played about 12 hours ago; steam made me update before playing. I think I was running V1.01? Or maybe it was already 1.02 by that time?

I encountered an untargetable alien in one of the first missions. He was hanging out inside the alien ship. Grenades didn't kill him, stun rod didn't kill him, etc. He kept shooting at me though. After he moved once or twice, while I was flinging the mouse around, I noticed the targeting reticule pop up when my mouse was 3 or 4 tiles away from him. I figured the game may simply be displaying his location incorrectly, hence why everything would 'miss.'

I stood a shotgunner next to where I thought the alien really was, I manually aimed at the tile, fired, and killed it. So yeah, have fun debugging how the displayed position vs actual position can get out of sync :)

Good. I think we've found the culprit then, or at least I'll ask the coder to take a closer look at that part of the code. I note nobody new has posted the bug on the forums either whereas it was getting posted a lot a few days back.