Xenonauts V1.02 Released!

This is another stability patch for Xenonauts, fixing some more of the issues in the game.

It is initially being released only on the Experimental Branch so please read the linked thread to sign into that if you want to test it. If the build fixes more problems than it causes, we'll push it out to the Stable branch in about 24 hours.

CHANGELOG:

• Soldiers should no longer be classed as KIA at the end of a mission when only injured in battle
  • Fixed Hidden Movement AI loop when Reapers were using upper levels
  • Game Over screen should now appear correctly if you lose the game, rather than just locking up
  • Alien move animations under the shroud have been re-enabled. This increases turn times, but I want to check if it also prevents the "untargetable / invulnerable" alien bug.
  • Updated the Quickstart Guide to give a bit more strategy help to new players
  • Xenopedia typo fixed (xenopedia.xml)
  • Updated some weapon tooltips: carbines had incorrect ammo numbers, advanced weapons had incorrect suppression values (strings.xml)

It's unlikely at this stage. The only one I'm considering doing is adding more info to explain what some of the buildings do, because that's not in the game anywhere (Medical Centre, I'm looking at you).

Most of the reviewers will be playing the game within the next week so we probably wouldn't have time to get it in anyway, and fixing the stability bugs is much more important than UI quirks.

It's unlikely at this stage. The only one I'm considering doing is adding more info to explain what some of the buildings do, because that's not in the game anywhere (Medical Centre, I'm looking at you).

Most of the reviewers will be playing the game within the next week so we probably wouldn't have time to get it in anyway, and fixing the stability bugs is much more important than UI quirks.

i wonder which well known reviewers will review it. i know Xenonauts is on my list ones i push out the one i am working on, and so far i haven't had any crashes or other odd stuff (the invulnerable alien i had it one time in build 1.00 but after that i haven't seen it since.)

an explanation of the buildings would be very handy indeed though. keep up the good work! The game is already amazing and very, very much enjoyable! (i love the interrogation art from when you complete a interrogation research)

First post here too (after watching your work for many, many months). It's really impressive what you've accomplished given your (extremely) tight budget and having staff overseas. I am a professional developer myself, working in a big multinational company and I really know what it means to develop software :-)

Also the fact that you tried this for first time, and although this was visible sometimes, it gives you even more credit. So... congrats!

Getting past the usual congrats for your work, I'll come to the point.

The only one I'm considering doing is adding more info to explain what some of the buildings do, because that's not in the game anywhere (Medical Centre, I'm looking at you).

Yes, I was going to request that and I completely agree with it. Playing the game for the first time, I am trying to build expand my base but I don't have a clue what some facilities are doing (Medical Centre and Radar for instance). Actually I just read on the quickstart guide what the radar is doing, but it would be nice to have this information in a single point (ideally in the Xenopedia).

Bug: In the Launcher, the "Game Manual" button does nothing. It used to work in 1.00, but where it pointed to, was not an extensive manual. Hence, I was searching for Radar etc. in the forum.

Probably this comes too late at this point: The fonts and especially the tooltips are too small. I am playing in 1920x1080 in a 24" monitor. I have no problems whatsoever with the fonts of the other applications and I use the default size provided by Windows.

Edited by ntalas

Fair enough, what about this one, then? http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/10232-Bugs-Issues-in-Xenonauts-V1-0?p=113395&viewfull=1#post113395

Not a UI quirk, but it's bothering me that nobody seems to have noticed it.

I suggest adding Xenopedia entries describing base facilities, using screenshots from the Base defense tileset. Those tilesets are so beautiful and so underused, that way, they would get the showcase they deserved all along.

I think that's a pretty good idea. I wouldn't mind it~

Probably this comes too late at this point: The fonts and especially the tooltips are too small. I am playing in 1920x1080 in a 24" monitor. I have no problems whatsoever with the fonts of the other applications and I use the default size provided by Windows.

Many told this already a long time ago. Unfortunately it was never addressed. It hurts my eyes to read from which counties my soldiers come, but hey... at least my screen is not stretched on my 5:4 monitor anymore ;D

Besides the little things, it´s a great game.

What we need is a xenonauts wiki like the original UFopaedia so that people can compare notes. But seriously, what exactly does the Medical Center do?

I know there's an additional stability bug in V1.02 (which we're looking at fixing), but has anyone seen the invulnerable / untargetable alien since it came out?

I have yet to encounter any, will keep a lookout for them. I am up to my 28th ground mission so maybe I won't notice them until later in the game (I have 3 bases and I'm oppressing the invasion by taking down almost all their craft so it may take longer to advance things in my game)

What we need is a xenonauts wiki like the original UFopaedia so that people can compare notes. But seriously, what exactly does the Medical Center do?

It reduces the healing time significantly. Although I'm not sure by what percentage it speeds it up.

The healing time without one is very, very slow (and still quite slow with one) so it's well worth having especially early on when you don't have dozens of soldiers to play with.

I know there's an additional stability bug in V1.02 (which we're looking at fixing), but has anyone seen the invulnerable / untargetable alien since it came out?

I did. It was Sebillian near Small Scout UFO entrance. It moved a few tiles away and then became normal.

It's been a long time and I just install Xenonaut after hearing it's finally the 1.0 version ^^

However, one small question though, if no one have raised this before "Where can I see the action log ? Like how many days/hours until what research finish, how long until personel that I hire/transfer will be available at the respective base, how many days until constructions complete, production finish, etc... ?

Also, the idea of adding more Xenopedia entries for facilities is perfect, imho. Minimal changes to the UI and give players precise and details info about each facilities and their uses. Not to mention it adds more contents and depth, so please consider it ^^

There is no 'action log', so to speak.

Research time is intentionally hidden - you can get an idea of how fast it will be based on the 'progress' description but it's intentionally imprecise. The time taken to finish facilities is displayed on those facilities in the base-view screen. Manufacturing times can be seen in the active production list. But there's no indication of when items will arrive at the base (it's pretty quick, though, like three days or something).

3 days seems about right for hiring, yeah, would match the time for ordering Condors which is actually displayed. I think transfers are about 1 day?

A central list of when all the non-research stuff will finish would be nice, but the strategic layer here doesn't really feel like it favors precise timing to me the way the strategic layer of the new XCOM does, so such a list isn't a necessity like it is there.