Why's my secondary base not picking up any UFOs?

I've built a second base with two radars and hangars to hold interceptors. No soldiers/scientists/engineers. A few weeks in now and it's still the base in central Turkey that's picking up all the UFOs, not a single one in America, yet casualties keep rising and relation is plummeting.

Am I missing something or do I have just plain bad luck?

Probably just bad luck. A few weeks is a short enough time span that you might not have had any waves spawn over there.

If there are UFO's flying around outside your radar range, you should be getting notifications of events in the ticker at the bottom of the screen, along with markers briefly displaying on the Geoscape map.

So you're not seeing any UFOs over North America, but relations with North America are falling? I don't know how far into the game you are, but that usually is a sign there a base in the area. Those don't show up on radar, but you can send planes out to scour the country looking for it. Eventually, your agents will report it too. Of course, it could also be a bug.

Edited by StellarRat

On the other hand, if relations keep dropping and there are no reported events, then you have an alien base in that territory. I'd do sweeps of the funding bloc that's suffering relations drop ASAP with your interceptors to root out the base.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Stellie

Wasn't saying it was probable, only that it was possible.

So far as I can tell, supply missions spawn like any other mission type. But I've only been paying close attention since I started messing with the UFO missions and spawn-in times, so I might well be wrong.