Weapon Editor - The Quartermaster's Armory

Quartermaster

As a heads up, it will not be until the weekend until I can look at this stuff. This weekend I will try to build in a number of try catch statements so that I can start catching the errors and collecting data to find out what isn't working right for you and others. Thank you for letting me know that you are having a problem and I will do my best to correct it.

Did you add the last slash when typing in the correct location?

I sure did.

As a heads up, it will not be until the weekend until I can look at this stuff. This weekend I will try to build in a number of try catch statements so that I can start catching the errors and collecting data to find out what isn't working right for you and others. Thank you for letting me know that you are having a problem and I will do my best to correct it.

Right on man, looking forward to it.

I just began hosting the XenoArmory files on Xenolith (we really like Xeno) as it will give me some advantages when it comes to updates that I make. I am still going to be hosting the files on here through my Box.net account, but Xenolith will give users a heads up when I make updates and improvements to the program.

With that said I have added some try...catch statements which will now provide information to the user when the program is having trouble locating files or performing various functions. As these errors pop up, please let me know so that I can try to figure out how to change the program so that the errors do not mess up the program for you. Please see the first post for the updated files.

I just began hosting the XenoArmory files on Xenolith (we really like Xeno) as it will give me some advantages when it comes to updates that I make. I am still going to be hosting the files on here through my Box.net account, but Xenolith will give users a heads up when I make updates and improvements to the program.

With that said I have added some try...catch statements which will now provide information to the user when the program is having trouble locating files or performing various functions. As these errors pop up, please let me know so that I can try to figure out how to change the program so that the errors do not mess up the program for you. Please see the first post for the updated files.

Right on man, thank you for the update. Now instead of it looping I get this:

xqckg.jpg

Right on man, thank you for the update. Now instead of it looping I get this:

xqckg.jpg

Can you try it again, but add a '\' to the end of the destination? The way the code functions is that it looks for the weapons_gc.xml file based on the location typed in. So when you type in what you have it is looking at the following location "G:\Games\Xenonautsassets\weapons_gc.xml". As you can see the lack of a '\' is problematic. For the next version I will try to change the setup so that it uses a folder browser rather than relying on the user to type in the address.

"snip" For the next version I will try to change the setup so that it uses a folder browser rather than relying on the user to type in the address.

yeah that’s what this program needs. I gave it a try and still the same thing happens.

If it’s looking for the weapons_gc.xml file, which what should have been indicated instead of the install directory. As an example for me at least this is what I would have at work:

C:\Users\USER\Desktop\Xenonauts\assets\weapons_gc.xml

See where I get it with this. If the error message is asking for the install directory the program will not see the assets folder and instead is looking for the weapons_gc.xml file in the indicated directory that the error message says.

Not that I’m complaining or anything, just conversation here.

yeah that’s what this program needs. I gave it a try and still the same thing happens.

If it’s looking for the weapons_gc.xml file, which what should have been indicated instead of the install directory. As an example for me at least this is what I would have at work:

C:\Users\USER\Desktop\Xenonauts\assets\weapons_gc.xml

See where I get it with this. If the error message is asking for the install directory the program will not see the assets folder and instead is looking for the weapons_gc.xml file in the indicated directory that the error message says.

Not that I’m complaining or anything, just conversation here.

I was originally going to do that but the program uses the root directory to determine where all of the files are that it uses. This was simply a shortcut method that I implemented to get it working for some folks so I minimized the amount of work when I put it in. I would have had to do more work at the time to have it cut down to the correct file. When I add in the interface for looking for and selecting a folder it will be much more clear cut and vb.net's default interface is setup to ensure that the folder already exists.

I was originally going to do that but the program uses the root directory to determine where all of the files are that it uses.
Ah ok cool, good to know.
When I add in the interface for looking for and selecting a folder, it will be much more clear cut and vb.net's default interface is setup to ensure that the folder already exists.
Sweet bud, looking forward to it man.

• 2 weeks later...

unhadled exception when i try to save or update.

From what i saw in google it might be due to 64 bit os , but i might be way off on that :P

************** Exception Text **************System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {00024500-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).  at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)  at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache)  at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache)  at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)  at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type)  at XenoArmory.frmWeaponEditor.tsmReplaceFiles_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)  at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)************** Loaded Assemblies **************mscorlib   Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0   Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.544 (RTMLDR.030319-5400)   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll----------------------------------------XenoArmory   Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0   Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0   CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Arcon/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/A4DLGENH.V6D/HWHZBXPH.MMD/xeno..tion_2051fd0989be4748_0001.0000_c95e8cf79e99e374/XenoArmory.exe----------------------------------------Microsoft.VisualBasic   Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0   Win32 Version: 10.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll----------------------------------------System   Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0   Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.544 built by: RTMLDR   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll----------------------------------------System.Core   Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0   Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.450 built by: RTMLDR   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll----------------------------------------System.Windows.Forms   Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0   Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.560 built by: RTMLDR   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll----------------------------------------System.Drawing   Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0   Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.568 built by: RTMLDR   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll----------------------------------------System.Runtime.Remoting   Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0   Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll----------------------------------------System.Xml.Linq   Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0   Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll----------------------------------------System.Xml   Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0   Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.450 built by: RTMLDR   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll----------------------------------------

• 2 weeks later...

The code is now updated to V14. Let me know if you have any troubles.

I still have not gotten around to adding the function which will allow you to select the directory. I am working on my platform paper to get fully accepted into the doctorate program at my school so I have not been putting very much time into this. When I get the opportunity or take a break from real work I will try to add it in. As a note I added some Try... Catch statements so you might get some Message Boxes which will pop up and let you know where the error has occurred.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The program will start getting more regular updates as soon as the latest version of Xenonauts is working with Desura. I took some time off from working on this, because I had to turn a long paper in for my graduate school to begin the doctoral qualifying process. Once I update this to function with the current files, I am going to finally tackle having a weapon "add" and "delete" method. Since the code is finally approaching beta I now feel more comfortable putting in the effort to add those methods.

Curious to know if this will work with V17.1

Also curious to know if this will eventually be able to add or delete weapons?

(By adding weapons I mean like this type of scenario... Having a FN p90 already in the game and using that weapon stats and graphics to create a new weapon, or allowing the user to select a different weapon picture for the new weapon.)

Edited by ShadowFox

Curious to know if this will work with V17.1

Also curious to know if this will eventually be able to add or delete weapons?

(By adding weapons I mean like this type of scenario... Having a FN p90 already in the game and using that weapon stats and graphics to create a new weapon, or allowing the user to select a different weapon picture for the new weapon.)

I just sat down yesterday and looked through the files. It does not look like there have been many changes to the underlying code since the last time I worked on it so I should be able to update it this weekend (I have not tested it yet, but it actually looks like it should work with the new code right now). My next goal with development is to add the ability to add and delete weapons. You can actually already set a different weapon picture with the existing code.

I just sat down yesterday and looked through the files. It does not look like there have been many changes to the underlying code since the last time I worked on it so I should be able to update it this weekend (I have not tested it yet, but it actually looks like it should work with the new code right now). My next goal with development is to add the ability to add and delete weapons. You can actually already set a different weapon picture with the existing code.

Awesome. When it is tested it and if it works, I'll be downloading it.

Can I ask when you think you'll have the ability to add and remove weapons?

I would LOVE to make a fn p90 for the game, if it is not already IN the game.

• 5 months later...

I wanted to let everyone know that I will not update this in the future. About a month ago my fiance had me promise to not play computer games anymore. If anyone would like to take over maintaining this program, please send me a message and I will send you the code I have. After someone takes over maintaining the program I will still be available for assistance and answering questions regarding it.

I wanted to let everyone know that I will not update this in the future. About a month ago my fiance had me promise to not play computer games anymore. If anyone would like to take over maintaining this program, please send me a message and I will send you the code I have. After someone takes over maintaining the program I will still be available for assistance and answering questions regarding it.
What language is it written in? Is the code well commented? I have programming skills in C, Java, Basic, and some older business languages like COBOL. Edited by StellarRat

QM - I think we'd be interested in the source code if you'll no longer be updating it. Perhaps one of our coders may be able to turn it into a fully-fledged tool to be bundled with the game. Drop me an email about it.

Sorry to hear you're no longer a gamer, but thanks for all of your efforts to help us out and participation on the forums.