I never got into tftd myself. The idea just seemed silly to me. All the aliens would really have to do is hole your suit (or breathing apparatus), and it would be all over.

And I thought the graphics were ugly. The whole thing always just felt like a re-skin to me. A bad re-skin.

I admit I never played it for very long for these reasons.

The 1979 setting of xenonauts does not really lend itself to underwater missions anyway. Remember: this is set in the real world, with aliens added, not some made up future or alternate world. And I like that.

Jean-Luc...LMFAO

I didnt expect them to start shooting at each other.

Must admit pretty good aim considering their laser blasters are on their chest.

Best video ever!

Thats one battle where you want to be killed instantly.

Instead of floating into the infinite blackness until you

either starve to death or bleed to death.

Yay for space missions! don't have the faintest idea why it popped into my mind a few pages back, but you might be spot on in it being a memory of Moonraker.

Not only that, I always wondered why the flying suits were able to withstand a Martian atmosphere without any tweaking. It was if they were designed to operate in any environment, which would have been overkill in their concept.

Unless XCom had been infiltrated by scientists who knew where the base was and designed accordingly.

Hey, waht about a % chance of your base being infiltrated by pesky MIBs or other similar dopplegangers? After all, it's what the aliens are doing elsewhere in the world (assuming Xnauts goes down the EU route)

I didnt expect them to start shooting at each other.

You mean you haven't seen this before? :eek: You need to see "Moonraker", it's one of the best old Bond movies (with Roger Moore) and old Bond films are the only Bond films worth watching (what can I say, I have an "old soul").

Edited by Jean-Luc

• 2 months later...

I think the coolest thing in terror from deep was ship attacks and port and island missions! the underwater for me was not so good. I think adding this with too much now but maybe someone could try and make it in modding if they want also if there was an expansion pack with different kinds missions to cover also the terror from deep or other types, i would pay for that. The ground combat is the coolest thing for me in the game and where you spend most time, variety in it is a necessary element to make the game not boring after playing it a lot.

Space missions would be required to some extent to tackle the alien threat in orbit (massive). Mostly it would consist of attacking alien orbital platforms so it wouldn't diverge too much from original game-play style. Jetpacks in space could be possible for crossing gaps in stations. Again not all that hard to do I would think.

• 6 months later...
I think your done posting on this thread. Unless you have something to add about underwater missions.

Since you dont agree that it would be fun I see no point you posting your bullshit in this thread.

There are tons of other threads you can go attack on this forum.

I did a search on Underwater Missions and I didnt see a post dedicated

to underwater missions. There might have been a mention of it here

and there, but no dedicated underwater post. Unless the seach bar is not working!

Another thing that some of you guys are not understanding is the fact

that adding such missions would make this game so much bigger.

More weapons a bigger tech tree more vehicles etc.

I would be willing to pay way more then 20 bucks for a game like that!

Making a sequel about TFTD would be a horrible idea.

Instead of making one complete game like the (mod) I used to play.

Now we would have 1 half of the game and then a sequel with the

other half. Why not combine them?

This xcom mod you used to play.... which one was it? Cos I have installed nearly all of them. Do you mean the random terrain mod (or something) cos I didn't think that allowed underwater missions on xcom EU. Or are you talking about adding the tiles form EU into TFTD so the land missions would be like EU. I know when the open xcom guys did the updated terror mission for EU that used some of the TFTD files ( take a look http://www.strategycore.co.uk/forums/topic/9389-ufo-terrain-mod/)

• 5 months later...
Your one of those people that everybody hates, because you

give peeps headaches with your know it all attitude!

Fyi your attitude is 100 times worse than his, and with every snarky douchebag post like this you make you make yourself look worse. This is not your personal property and he can disagree with you if he likes. You making personal attacks makes you look like a petulant little child who can't get his own way. Just saying it as I see it.

Fyi your attitude is 100 times worse than his, and with every snarky douchebag post like this you make you make yourself look worse. This is not your personal property and he can disagree with you if he likes. You making personal attacks makes you look like a petulant little child who can't get his own way. Just saying it as I see it.

Um... that post is over a year old. Please, check the dates on posts before you respond to them. Especially if your post is nothing more than commentary on some guy's attitude; there was no reason to resurrect the thread.

Thanks!

Um... that post is over a year old. Please, check the dates on posts before you respond to them. Especially if your post is nothing more than commentary on some guy's attitude; there was no reason to resurrect the thread.

Thanks!

o.0

I swear this thread was at the top of the page. I certainly didn't go through several pages of threads, I only ever look at the first forum page. What is going on. >.>

Well since it DID pop up...

I'm going to take my turn.

Idiom - a group of words whose meaning cannot be predicted from the meanings of the constituent words, as for example ( It was raining ) cats and dogs

How is team A doing on the project? We're doing ok but Team B is light years ahead of us = Correct.

Yes a Light Year is a unit of distance, but used in that way it is an idiom.

You know like the idiom - Go the extra mile.

Man studying for this class is HARD! Oh well if I want an A I'll have to go the extra mile...

You arent going an extra mile, you are spending more time studying

Sorry I had to comment on that.