attachment.php?attachmentid=328&d=1326513942

I've added Australian and New Zealand soldiers to the available nationalities. They should show up fairly regularly, Aussie and Kiwi soldiers were pretty experienced troops in the 70's with all the little wars in SE Asia so it figures that some would become Xenonauts. :)

anzac.jpg

Unzip into the assets folder. Back up soldiernames.xml and strings.xml first though. :)

UPDATE: I've changed the combat experience for the anzacs to Malaya, Borneo and Vietnam. I've also split the Germans into East and West to give it a real Cold War flavour.

The West German regiments are GSG 9 (A counter-terrorist unit. Also gives a chance for combat experience in Mogadishu, where they stormed a hijacked plane in 1977), FSLK200 (A long range recon unit), and the 26th Fallschirmjager Brigade.

The East German units are unchanged but they have a chance for some combat experience in Angola and Congo, where they were pretty active in the '60s and '70s as advisors.

germanhh.jpg

(Banner courtesy of Wolfy)

Edited by Pinetree
updated strings.xml for V9

Aboriginals were I think (they did fight during WW2 after all), but they weren't that common.

I have no idea about Maori though.

According to various sites (including wikipedia), both Aboriginals and Maori served from at least WW1 onwards.

Also, NZ is pretty crazy awesome. 10% of their population (or thereabouts) served during WW1. And nearly 60% of them died during the war. That's...something. Devotion?

Any aboriginal names or are we only getting brittains ol convict decendants? (that's meant to be a playful tone not to offend anyone)
were Aboriginals allowed into the army back then? if so I'm keen for them, and I hope Maori names are there too

At the moment, only convict decendants in aussie army. :D (Funnily enough, even though i'm a Kiwi, My Great-Great-Great Grandparents were transported from Britain as Convicts to Tasmania) But if someone can give me some common aboriginal names, I can put them in. There are some maori names in there.

I've updated the first post with a new version of the mod, I've also played around with 'ze germans' and split them up into East and West.

Thanks for the banner Wolfy. :) If you want the Xenonaut font take a look in the assets/gui folder, there's a xenonaut TrueType Font file in there.

I've updated the first post with a new version of the mod, I've also played around with 'ze germans' and split them up into East and West.

Thanks for the banner Wolfy. :) If you want the Xenonaut font take a look in the assets/gui folder, there's a xenonaut TrueType Font file in there.

Fixed the typo (@anotherdevil), and got the Xenonauts font :)

So here it is:

AZ Mod.PNG

577e7c7f9789b_AZMod.PNG.e24a9c2c600e9b76

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Nice mod, I'll be putting it in, being a serving member of the NZDF myself.

I wouldn't use this mod now as it's out of date,it has an old version of strings.xml in it so you'll get a lot #### in text descriptions for example.

The Xtended Soldiers mod is an update of this one so you can download that.I'll update it tonight once I've updated the game.

If you wanted to, you can open up soldiernames.xml and delete any nations you don't want or increase the the chances of a nation having a Xenonaut. It's very easy to do, I use Programmers Notepad for editing but any xml editor will do.