Proposed Kickstarter reward tiers!

Ditto to thecaptain's question.

Also, would the rewards for the $30 option be granted for free to those who've ordered the premium version?

Yeah, Chris mentioned a possibility of a special forum section where pre-orders could claim KS rewards equal to their pre-order level.

As for the captain's question I don't think so but it might not be a bad idea to have a 10-15$ level that only provides the soundtrack and some of the pdf stuff.

For the rest of the stuff, I'm loathe to promise anything up front because telling everyone we'll implement X or Y feature because it might turn out to be a bad idea in practice and I'll feel bad about cutting it as a result.

A thermometer showing us when the next great feature will be unlocked. Geared towards allowing the dev team to have started to explore it upon completion of previous teir. So, it gives them space to throw out something that plainly isn't working.

So, you get your fund thermometer, the urge to donate to see what the next unlocked teir will bring and some space to develop lemons.

On the downside, if the teir is underwhelming you won't get so many donations for the next one unless you announce it up front. You may want to be flexible in the approach.

Just a late night thought...

$5,000 - As $1,000, but in addition I'll fly out and meet you to have lunch anywhere in the States (eventually) or in Europe. (5)

Personally i think this is a waste of funds. Because flying to europe is not cheap.

Also what about Canada, Mexico, or Asia? Asia is about the same price as Europe to fly to.

i looked up how much it is to fly round trip from london out to a few places in the US, turns out it is cheaper for him to fly out and back, than it is for us to fly around our own country, go figure.

Yeah, I was in Inverness (Scotland) for a wedding last summer. The domestic part of the flight was the part that cost most of that trip. It's crazy. (I'm Norwegian)

Yeah, Chris mentioned a possibility of a special forum section where pre-orders could claim KS rewards equal to their pre-order level.

As for the captain's question I don't think so but it might not be a bad idea to have a 10-15$ level that only provides the soundtrack and some of the pdf stuff.

I've been thinking to put another 10$ into this effort. So If that would qualify me as a Premium Preorder, that'd be awesome =) And that way I can pledge to the KS woohoo

with price fluctuations, it is currently 1/2 the price to fly from oakland to london than SFO to london. the drive difference on average is about 25min. between airports. at one point clean air group or some such was pushing for cutting of subsidies to their airlines, in real world economics that means more people driving to get to their destination, like here in america. often times it is cheaper to take a bus, though as distance increases that becomes less true. a search on prices suggest that it would have been cheaper for you to the same IceVamp. i bet the clean air people didn't think that through.

with price fluctuations, it is currently 1/2 the price to fly from oakland to london than SFO to london. the drive difference on average is about 25min. between airports. at one point clean air group or some such was pushing for cutting of subsidies to their airlines, in real world economics that means more people driving to get to their destination, like here in america. often times it is cheaper to take a bus, though as distance increases that becomes less true. a search on prices suggest that it would have been cheaper for you to the same IceVamp. i bet the clean air people didn't think that through.

I live about 1000 miles from the cheapest airport that flies to Scotland. That flight was as expensive as the flight(s) to get to it domestically. If I'd flown from Gardemoen, our biggest airport a couple of miles from where I flew from, the international flight would have cost a lot more like you suggest.

Total cost of flight was about $870. Over half was domestic. It's horrendous. When I told the bride I was there rather than buying a new PC she was shocked and said she would never have done that. :P

Edited by IceVamp

Late to the thread... but really important (not sure if covered before)..

You should definitely have a 1$/5$ tier to have people contribute just to contribute (no real reward).

Lots of people might just want to throw a few bucks your way without preordering (or have already preordered and want to contribute an extra dollar) or can't contribute at the 15$ level, etc...

Just saying you could be leaving a few dollars on the table ...

**edit1: sorry its been mentioned before (still relevant).

Also, rewards i would be most interested in - def name in credits and a t-shirt.

Sorry Chris, I'm sure your a nice guy and all, but if you were to come visit, id have to take you out, and I'm not sure I'm ready for that kind of commitment :P

Edited by Ghost1082

You should definitely have a 1$/5$ tier to have people contribute just to contribute (no real reward).

There doesn't need to be a special tier for that. Anyone can back a project below the lowest available tier just by typing in the amount they wish to donate without selecting any tiers.

Perhaps the lower cost pledges could simply be T-shirts?

Probably not a very good idea, the t-shirts are going to cost suprisingly much with the printing and international shipping.

We want to avoid being caught by surprise on the cost of sending out rewards.

The lowest reward tiers should be entirely digital so as they don't really cost any of the donated money to give to the donor.

This solution where desura preorders send a mail to chris ensures that he doesn't just get alot of small pledges, from people interested in the Tshirt, that dissapears as costs to make and ship the darn things.

Haveing the t-shirt tier lower then the perorder for the game also causes issues with "+ all previous tiers" concept since you would have to increase the price for the preorder if it is going to include the t-shirt... either that or just cause confusion regarding what rewards you get at the different tiers.

TLDR: It would become a mess.

Edited by Gorlom

Id love to see us be able to create a custom trooper stats to apply to our cutom image (the 200 tier) with like a pledge of 250! Think about that, think like JA where you have a range of stats, and a certain number of points to spend. You coud set the teir to soenthing like 10 of them. I bet they would go like HOTCAKES!!!!! :) Those 10 people would be the pool of initial specialized troops you could purchase, or just come up random as the first 25 recruits, whichever is easier to code.

I was just tickled by the idea of having my portriat name and chosen stats being a charcter in everyones game. :) I'd drop 250 without fussing to much for that chance.

I'm definetly at least getting the $200 tier regardless, going to use my service picture..right in line with the game theme to boot!

Edited by ender101

Might be too late, but here's a high-end tier suggestion that might be a pretty cool addition to the game:

Have a limited number of "mercenaries" or special soldiers that you might encounter in the field when you battle the aliens. These would be strong allies that fight on your side. Some might be willing to join you for a fee after the battle, or if you rescue them from an alien base. Or they might just be one off special events where you get to see a very cool special unit in the game.

Possibly, you could even have whole squads of allies that you can run into that fight the good fight separately from you. These squads could have cool name / unique weapons they've designed from the alien tech / own emblem. Emblem could be shown on a helicopter that appears on the tactical map if they are around or wherever.

I guess you could even have squads that might not even be your allies but rather hostile scavengers who want to loot the alien tech for themselves. I guess you get the picture; a lot of options on how this kind of stuff would actually be implemented.

For a very high donation sum a donator would get to either have their own mercenary that you can run into and choose what strengths it has (good sniper, some bad ass weapon) etc, choose a portrait and a name. Even higher tier donations would grant to have their own squad.

The donators could also choose the area were these guys operate, so they could have their own special soldier appear near their home town. I know I'd pay a lot for something like this.

Just a suggestion, of course. I know it's a feature that's not in the game yet but this would be something cool that would make the Kickstarter tiers a lot more interesting. I've noticed that these sort of gameplay additions from donations are very popular, and I believe they bring in more donations even if people don't get such a high tier just because the project seems a lot cooler. Give it a thought.

This was the kind small random stuff that made Fallout 1 & 2 so enjoyable, I feel random encounters like these would make the world in Xenonauts feel a lot more alive for just a little more effort.

Edited by Linque