so wait, there is some sort of criticizer against the idea of xenonaughts, or how it is being done?

Yes, aparantly naughty xenos kidnapping schoolgirls is a nono judgeing by what happened to tentacle bento. (there it was tentaclemonster of possibly terran origin, but I assume aliens are just as bad)

PS, on a more "serious" note: Some vocal malcontents has a problem with how the kickstarter is beeing handled. They like the project and they would pledge... if it weren't for those darn stretchgoals that means we can have a bigger/better/morepolished game! Curse those Goldhawk for not just takeing the extra money and stuffing it in their pockets!

Edited by Gorlom

I pre ordered a long time ago, I now get more for my pre order than I was going to when I originally paid so I'm happy.

I doubt the KS will go massively higher, mainly due to the really interesting pledge tiers (names and pictures in the game) being necessarily limited in number and vanishing pretty quickly.

Lock it in a box with some metaphorical radioactive material and it will be dead and alive at the same time.

Or tie a metaphorical piece of buttered toast to the metaphorical cat. Metaphorically drop it from a metaphorical ladder, the spinning paradox will create a time vortex. Go to the future and download the finished game. Then go back in time to when Chris just starts to work on the project, and give Chris the finished game. So he can use the future preorders and future kickstarter funds to add even MORE features to the game...Metaphorically.

And i have a question. At this moment the project is getting around 2k per day. So by the time kickstarter finishes Goldhawk will raise 46k more money. 46k + 79,398 = around 125k. That is 15 k short of the soviet stretch goal. Will Gh skip the tilesets on to the next affordable goal(i.e. tileset specific allies- costs 25k instead of 40k tilesets ). Will they still try to make the soviet tilseset if all goes well during development, or:

Edited by GoodGuyEddy

I hope not. I really dislike the tileset specific allies. I really see no point of that particular stretchgoal. Female soldiers at least adds something. Different local forces is cosmetic polish that makes no sense to me.

I'm also convinced that people have not fully understood how vehicle experience will work. I feel that explanation hasn't been clear enough and I've seen people assume that experience on your first vehicle will carry over on to the next, that there is only one type of vehicle or even that it applies to aircrafts instead of/as well as the ferret.

Edit: holyshit now I've read someone in the quartertothree forum thinking there wont be any base missions unless a stretchgoal will be met... I have no idea how he read "indoor mission" as "base mission". I was assuming he was confusing military base terror mission or reaper hive with base mission but apparantly it was the indoor mission that confused him.

Edited by Gorlom

And i have a question. At this moment the project is getting around 2k per day. So by the time kickstarter finishes Goldhawk will raise 46k more money. 46k + 79,398 = around 125k.

I'm quite sure it'll end up with more money than that. The boxed copies have just been announced so that will create a brief surge I think and there should be an increase in pledges near the end of KS. The Soviet tiles are well within reach I'd say, don't know about anything beyond.

Edited by Jean-Luc

Will they still try to make the soviet tilseset if all goes well during development, or:

If the game is close to the standard Chris wants but he still feels that it needs a soviet themed tileset to bring it closer then he will do what he can to get it done I reckon.

The stretch goal would have made sure that it was on the priority list, not meeting that goal doesn't mean the plan will go in the bin, just that it will go back on the "nice to have if everything else is done" pile.

Have you preordered the game through desura or kickstarter?

If you preordered through desura you need to email Chris about it after kickstarter ends.

If you did it through kickstarter you need to select the higher reward tier.

Wohoo :D

BTW, do you think you could get interview with someone? Even if they aren't journalism site, I think you might get little bonus if you get interview with someone with fan base. I mean, Spoony One and Angry Joe seem to be both be XCOM fans considering their videos.(Former was raging at XCOM FPS, latter seems to be excited at remake, though he wasn't angry at FPS and he did video on UFO: Extraterrestrials)

*is trying to figure out ways to get all stretch goals, or at least up to pilot callsigns/pictures as with exception of motion detector and vehicle combat exp most important stretch goals are up to that to me*

Edited by XenoMask

Don't worry, I'm annoyed by that guy too :P I'm just kind of desperate at getting stretch goals because I know they would be awesome.

But yeah, good point, that might actually be a bad idea...

Oh well, maybe it will reach stretch goals on its own... But then again, 300,000 is a lot.... Gotta figure out ways to promote it....

Edited by XenoMask