I've got a brand new prop, but it doesn't work!

Max_Caine

Hi guys, I had been hoping to introduce a brand new prop for mappers to play about with but every time I try to load the spectre in it causes the submap editor to crash. Could anyone take a look at the spectre and see why it's crashing?

Here's the prop.

I know there's a problem with the filename - I have fixed that internally but even after fixing the filename problem, each time I try to load the spectre it causes the submap editor to crash. The last time it crashed was due to a malformed filename, but as I've said, I've fixed that (not fixed in the d/l). Where am I going wrong?

Okay, so what exactly do I need to fix about the png filenames? What's so obvious that I've missed it? I really can't see what I've done wrong - I have no idea at all.

EDIT: nvm, fixed it.

Edited by Max_Caine

I did this:

- Excavator_NE_spectre - id - /common/ => common/ (don't know if really needed, but there is no sprites where id begins with /)

- Excavator_NW_spectre - damaged - /vehicles/ => /common/vehicles/

- Excavator_SE_spectre - damaged - /vehicles/ => /common/vehicles/

- Excavator_SE_spectre - destroyed - Excavator_destroyed.png => Excavator_SE_destroyed.png

- Excavator_SW_spectre - damaged - /vehicles/ => /common/vehicles/

- Excavator_SW_spectre - id - common/ => /common/vehicles/

One more thing, just in case - it crashes anyway if you try to just load the sprite, you firstly need to create submap grid with 'New Sub-Map' button.

EDIT: ah, you fixed it, i'm slow =)

Edited by Lt_Parsons

• 1 month later...

I paid a chap to do it. This was a 3d model, created in Maya as a low poly basic model with very basic textures and rendered in 4 of the eight cardinal directions. The model was then painted over using Photoshop to add all the detail. GH used this method for all its props.

I was going to have another one done but the modeller I used has been incommunicado for a month now. I need to get back and fix up that prop as there are problems when you shoot it.

I see. Can you say how much it did cost ?

Did you do the photoshoping or was that done by a third Party as well ?

Models like that and better can as far as i know be easily downloaded for free. If ist just a matter of Rendering and Manual coloring, i dont think it would be THAT much of a Problem tbh ?