V22 Experimental 6 Released!

The fact that aliens see my squad from a long distance, but my squad needs to be within 10 or so tiles to see the aliens is driving me crazy. In one mission 4 of my guys were killed trying to get in a viewing distance of an alien, but they were all killed before that.

Night missions are the worst.

:cool:

Actually I'm specific saying in other two post that aliens can shoot through walls and the lineal walls of industrial/urban maps don't provide LOS block.

Yeah, the "shooting around corners" feature is completely broken; the game has a funny idea about what constitutes a "corner". Someone posted some helpful screenshots illustrating the issue better in the bug reports forum.

Haven't had any issues with LOS, in fact it seems to be a marked improvement now. I have instead been running into a large number of Caesans being trapped inside of item on the map, shipping containers, rock formations, and on one of the middle eastern maps, inside of a clothing stand. And have pictures to show it as well :P

2014-04-30_00001.jpg

[

2014-04-30_00005.jpg

Additionally, I have been having problems with the second floor of buildings not being displayed unless a soldier is placed on the bottom of the stairs, but I unfortunately forgot to take a picture of that occurrence -.-

Edit: Got them! First picture shows the lack of second floor display, second shows soldier position needed, and the third shows the result.

2014-04-30_00002.jpg

2014-04-30_00003.jpg

2014-04-30_00004.jpg

I'm never sure when something is serious enough to post as a bug, so if these belong there just let me know and ill delete this post and move it over.

2014-04-30_00001.jpg

2014-04-30_00005.jpg

2014-04-30_00002.jpg

2014-04-30_00003.jpg

2014-04-30_00004.jpg

2014-04-30_00001.thumb.jpg.0334898abfde3

2014-04-30_00005.jpg.f9934696d62f5b70ed9

2014-04-30_00002.thumb.jpg.7a0aba3851312

2014-04-30_00003.thumb.jpg.556a3d8f47c64

2014-04-30_00004.thumb.jpg.65ba9bc9d5d63

Edited by UmberSkies

Yeah, I was shot at through a corvette wall - there are also some instances where there is no obscuring cover but there's a drastic cut to accuracy...

that second issue has to deal with the penalty for shooting at a crouched target. It's only supposed to lower the hit chance by 20%, but it does way more than that. It's a real hassle when you're shooting at an enemy out in the open and they get suppressed, crouch, and the rest of your attacks suffer a 50% penalty or more forcing you to either move in much closer or use aoe to finish the job.

Well, let's wait for that fix. Currently it's useless to stroll along a wall and being shot from the other side. Though it's quite funny sometimes. 'Put your RPG right through the solid wall, pull trigger and laugh!'. Quantum leaping technology!

well... as for me... im against revealing whole area in alien base missions - we cant understand their surveilance system, maybe after some research and defenseless soldier operating it? (must be hard to get). Our own surveilance should allow to see whole base almost right away (if not instant) depending... if we detected that ufo - for bases w/o radars built.

This is an experimental build - to access it, please read the instructions / warnings in this thread.

TRANSLATION:

- Gameconfig.xml now has an option called "AutoScale" fonts, which will shrink the font size automatically if it is too big for the text field.

Just out of interest: Would it be possible to use/enable the inverse if this option to make use of possible additional room to make the in-game texts *larger*? This could make the game more playable for those of us who are stuck with a laptop screen (e.g. 1366x768 resolution)...

I could live with the UI being a bit inconsistent in this case.

I've experiencing consistent CTD when trying to walk up the stairs but havn't seen anyone else commenting it. Here's a save where I get 100% crash. Could someone load it up and check if their game crashes.

Just load the save, select unit #7 Ivan Lebedev, move him to second floor. -> instant CTD when he reaches top of the stairs.

stair bug.sav

stair bug.sav

stair bug.sav

Edited by Skitso

I've experiencing consistent CTD when trying to walk up the stairs but havn't seen anyone else commenting it. Here's a save where I get 100% crash. Could someone load it up and check if their game crashes.

Just load the save, select unit #7 Ivan Lebedev, move him to second floor. -> instant CTD when he reaches top of the stairs.

A bit late (having read the other thread), but yeah, I get the same crash with that save.

Is it normal that you can't select the second part of the stairs to move on to? I could move on to the bottom bit of the stairs, and could select to go up to the top, but couldn't move onto the middle bit. It's a long time since I used stairs, so I don't know if that's normal.

@nas1m - No, that's not as easy unfortunately. There's quite a lot of instances where the text fields are much larger than the text in them so it'd totally mess up the UI.

@skitso - See if you're still getting the crash in today's version. If so, we'll definitely take a look at it.

Alien Leaders / Officers have been moved one UFO earlier in the progression to make the research tree less compressed in the late game (this means Caesan psions now appear in Light Scouts).

I don't understand how this decompresses research since I've never been able to research psionics.