Aerial terror missions

Name

Didn't occur to me someone might try that :D

EDIT: Ninjaed...

On a similar note: I'm not sure it makes sense that a dropship on its way to a landed UFO will just casually engage the UFO when it flies again, the pilot knows he has no weapons onboard, right?

Shouldn't a dropship disengage from aerial threats and run for the hills (if the UFO decides to give chase and destroy it fine, but currently the dropship just runs into the UFO oblivious of the threat)?

I guess the behaviour might have been with the idea of having late game ships as capable fighters like the Avenger which routinely was the best combat ship as well.

EDIT: Ninjaed...

On a similar note: I'm not sure it makes sense that a dropship on its way to a landed UFO will just casually engage the UFO when it flies again, the pilot knows he has no weapons onboard, right?

Shouldn't a dropship disengage from aerial threats and run for the hills (if the UFO decides to give chase and destroy it fine, but currently the dropship just runs into the UFO oblivious of the threat)?

I guess the behaviour might have been with the idea of having late game ships as capable fighters like the Avenger which routinely was the best combat ship as well.

If you want to get technical, he does have weapons onboard. Couple of rifles, some grenades, maybe a rocket launcher....

If you want to get technical, he does have weapons onboard. Couple of rifles, some grenades, maybe a rocket launcher....

and 8-14 people to fire them. Lets make it happen. 1% win for transports. I would like to say that they fought the good fight, and the xeno menace left them alone.... But pris-----Earth is not some fairy tale world.

If alien ships can land to avoid my fighter's, why can't my drop ship land to avoid their's? Obviously this doesn't work over water.

and 8-14 people to fire them. Lets make it happen. 1% win for transports. I would like to say that they fought the good fight, and the xeno menace left them alone.... But pris-----Earth is not some fairy tale world.

Considering the amount of damage you can do to a UFO's interior with explosives, I'd imagine row of rocketeers on the back of a dropship would be a fair threat.

Considering the amount of damage you can do to a UFO's interior with explosives, I'd imagine row of rocketeers on the back of a dropship would be a fair threat.
Ah...do you think aliens fly around with the doors open? Or do they like to roll down the windows in nice weather? :-)

Ah...do you think aliens fly around with the doors open? Or do they like to roll down the windows in nice weather? :-)

What, you don't pop the canopy when it's sunny out? Besides, one shot should blow the front door wide open, on some of the UFO designs that would be enough to get a shot in to kill the crew

What, you don't pop the canopy when it's sunny out? Besides, one shot should blow the front door wide open, on some of the UFO designs that would be enough to get a shot in to kill the crew
That would be a hell of a shot. Besides if you look that configuration of the UFOs and the transports it would be nearly impossible to get in position to fire at the hatches. You'd have to be facing in opposite directions or make an incredible high angle shot out the side door.

Have the fighters go to the landed UFO, they will circle; send the transport there. If the UFO takes off, then, the fighters will hopefully intercept it right away (unless you have very bad luck) - entirely a matter of timing (so far that the fighters don't leave for lack of fuel before you can deploy your ground assault).

Besides, one shot should blow the front door wide open, on some of the UFO designs that would be enough to get a shot in to kill the crew

Aren't the doors kinda folded away during flight?

On a more serious note: Yes maybe Dropships should be disabled for Air Intercept missions. Missclicks do happen.