Memorial room

The interface is only the simplest part I believe, but there are some fundamental issues...

I've crawled through the lua one more time and pretty much sure it's the other way around.

Codewise, it's not that hard to store list of dead soldiers with various data. Adding variables here and there, like recruit time, for example. It's not hard because you know exactly where in the code you should do it (when you press "hire soldier"), where to store it (in the soldier data), and what exactly to store ("game time"). Same with the reason of death, e.g. every time you reduce the health you store the reason somewhere, and take that reason after death. I'm not saying it's very simple, but it's way simpler than UI upgrade, cause right now it seems that lua is incapable of creating new windows. New buttons = yes, new screens = no. Overhauling this = pain.

Only if that community member has access to the source code and enough coding expertise to make the required additions.

It is not possible as a mod in the way weapon changes or AI adjustments are.

The required information is not available in the xml or lua files so it cannot be modded until it is coded first.

This system would only be possible at this time if it was created by Goldhawk.

Couldn't you have a button that says "File death report" on the losses screen, which would allow you to write your own memorial text, then dump that to a file?

I figure the soldiers only have as much character as you give them, anyway...

Couldn't you have a button that says "File death report" on the losses screen, which would allow you to write your own memorial text, then dump that to a file?

An interesting idea... It would certainly be better than nothing.

My original idea was that after you finish the final mission and it does the "Yay we saved the planet ending!" it cuts to that scrolling tribute for your dead before moving into the credits.

Dude...are you PREPARED TO SIT THROUGH MINUTES OF NAMES of the men and women you WILLINGLY LEAD TO THEIR DEATHS?

I am! They died for the glory of Terra!

I have a pencil and paper for that.

Well I say pencil, it is more like a crayon...

I would like this feature. I remember in Rome: Total War how big battles created historic battle sites on the main map and how much I enjoyed that. Memorial room would be something similar for Xenonauts, good fit for a game where the player creates his own story.