Ground Combat Balance - V22 Experimental 5

A belated thread to discuss the balance in V22 Experimental 5.

- Xenonauts no longer reaction fire against their mind controlled comrades

- Now the alien LOS is reset at the start of both the human and the alien turns (prevents aliens "seeing" areas they were in last turn)

- Crouched units no longer suffer +25% to the Stopping Chance of all intervening obstacles

- Jackal armour weight reduced from 16kg to 10kg

- Now the alien LOS is reset at the start of both the human and the alien turns

Any reason why this isn't applied to human LOS as well?

Pardon me, I know I posted this on the other thread but wanted to re-state it here in case it was missed. It kinda peeves me that you can close the UFO doors end of turn and still somehow manage to see how aliens are moving about inside during their turn etc. :P

Pardon me, I know I posted this on the other thread but wanted to re-state it here in case it was missed. It kinda peeves me that you can close the UFO doors end of turn and still somehow manage to see how aliens are moving about inside during their turn etc. :P

I interpreted it as hearing them. Like if someone was in a room in your house. You open the door and see where they are. Then say you closed the door or your eyes and they moved. You could visualize where they are now. Notice that effect only lasts 1 turn. It bothered me also till I thought about it.

Yeah it would fix the closed door issue which is really kinda glaring. In addition I think it would add so much more... tension. Would it be so bad if an alien popped out of nowhere then killed one of your lone soldiers and then disappeared, leaving you to guess were it had gone?

That's only for aliens though, so his point is correct. I'm unsure as to whether to implement it for humans too.

For my two cents, I would definitely implement it for humans too. I see an alien, dive behind a high wall for cover, and watch exactly what he does from the comfort of complete safety. This not only gives me the capacity to optimally plan my next move, but detracts from the chance to get those "where the f--- did he go!?!?" moments that add to the suspense. If you want to see where the ET goes, you should pay for it by taking the distinct risk of staying in LOS and praying your reaction fire connects.

If you reset LOS for the aliens and not the humans, I think you're giving the player an unnecessary/misbalancing edge

Edit: Or maybe you can leave the humans as they are for easy and normal difficulties, and have the LOS reset on veteran and insane...?

Edited by dpelectric

Even with the new patch, aliens seem to have near perfect knowledge of what is happening in their ships. From the landing ship on up, there are magic lines that cause aliens to flood your location. It seems exploity to have your entire team line up in front of the invisible line even using up their TUs to do so, because the player knows they are safe. Also, door blocking is still a thing, but removing it would increase the difficulty significantly.

Also, I had a blue (soldier) Andron bounce a direct hit by a mag railgun round. I know there is damage variation, but a lower tier enemy surviving the highest tier vehicle round seems a bit much. Is there anyway that direct hits from AOE weapons could be granted additional damage?

Edited by Burzmali
a wrod