Will it ever be possible to reclaim lost countries/continents?

I would vote for making reclamation possible if it were up for vote. It could be difficult, battles more difficult there etc.etc., no bases allowed there, but I feel it should be possible.

As it is now, it feels like you lost the game when it happens, so I build my entire strategy specifically for not allowing a nation loss happen, rather than another perhaps more optimal way of more land coverage.

I prefer for it to be a one-way thing myself. Gives the whole game far more of a grim feel. It's like when films and games kill of main characters; it only really affects you if he or she doesn't somehow come back to life.

I prefer more sandbox games to story driven ones. Problem is that you are going to lose country at the beginning of the game, when you don't have enough coverage yet. It is purely based on random number generator outside of player control. Most people would probably stop game and start new one, since it is mostly the end of first month. So, it would be great to give player some control back and let him recover from bad RNG by his action.

I prefer more sandbox games to story driven ones. Problem is that you are going to lose country at the beginning of the game, when you don't have enough coverage yet. It is purely based on random number generator outside of player control. Most people would probably stop game and start new one, since it is mostly the end of first month. So, it would be great to give player some control back and let him recover from bad RNG by his action.

I doubt it, unless you have been playing a different game, I've started around a dozen games on veteran and have yet to lose a country that I couldn't yet protect.

Yeah I've found its completely possible, despite any unlucky RNG odds to protect against early nation loss, but it requires a dedicated strategy of putting up 3 bases and stocking them with early foxtrots by late month 2. It is kind of forced to do this until mid month 3 latest when you might get a remote air terror site which will lead to loss of a nation (probably australia or south america).

Yeah I've found its completely possible, despite any unlucky RNG odds to protect against early nation loss, but it requires a dedicated strategy of putting up 3 bases and stocking them with early foxtrots by late month 2. It is kind of forced to do this until mid month 3 latest when you might get a remote air terror site which will lead to loss of a nation (probably australia or south america).

My strategy has always been bases in months 1, 2 and 4. Australia is the only continent that really at risk, but it seems to be the smallest to boot, so normally it isn't a problem.