Help with basic stuff

MortuusSum

Hey folks. Like the subject line implies, I'm doing something pretty basic and can't get it to work. I wanted to replace the default ballistic precision rifle image in game with the "HKPG2" image in the "alternative" folder. I figured I could achieve this by altering the relevant sections of weapons.xml and weapons_gc.xml files to point to that image. So, I didn't touch the actual image files, and just typed the filepath that led to the correct image in both files. This resulted in a CTD when I tried to load a saved game. Next, I reset the files to what they had been before, and replaced the PrecisionRifle images in the two locations they are in normally with the HKPG2 image renamed to match the default image. This also resulted in a CTD upon loading a save. Dispirited, but not entirely discouraged, I combined these approaches, placing the new image where the old one was, and setting the filepath to point to the new image in the old location. This also did not work. At this point, I have reset the game files to normal, and am turning to you fine folks for advice. If it's relevant, I'm using v21stable and have Skitso's Oppressive UI mod and Max_Caine's Lore+ mod installed. If this isn't working for me for an incredibly obvious reason, feel free to be as condescending as you wish.

Nice to know, thanks for sharing it.

There have been a few reports of replaced images causing CTD.

Out of curiosity did you try launching a new game with the image that was causing the crash or did you only try loading a save?

Just loaded a save, didn't do anything else.