Famous Xenonauts

Why, man, He doth bestride the narrow world / Like a Colossus...

Shakespeare, Julius Caesar, I ii

Before Xenonauts, I had played XCOM 2012 and dabbled in the original game, so I had enough experience to know that I would definitely have soldiers whose names would live on for eternity in the hearts of man, and the nightmares of aliens. I invite you all to share the tales of your most fearsome warriors, that they might be remembered for all eternity.

It is in this vein that I tell you the tale of Doctor Feelbad, MD Ph.D.

Micheal McDonald joined the Xenonauts midway through the first month, to replace a man I had lost in battle. He had pretty high TUs to begin with, so I made him a medic (a class I usually assign to fast people, as they can get to wounded people, swap their rifle for a medkit, and still do some healing in one turn). Despite the role I intended to use him for, he turned out to be an incredible badass. His low-percentage shots would hit more frequently than they had any right to (60% of the time, he hit every time), and it seemed like alien shots never got anywhere close to him. It was by mid-December that I decided to change his name; he was already a medical doctor, but he had obviously completed his doctorate in asskicking as well. He was finally slain in a glorious last stand in a terror mission in February, but for all eternity, the world will remember the name of Doctor Feelbad. He specializes in Pain, and the Prescription Thereof.

Soldier history and memorial system would be so nice if it is implemented to commenorate the sacrifices of Xenonauts. It would definately make the game more immersive and to remind us that a single misclick spells doom. I couldn't remember even 1 name out of the many Colonels i have lost and it would be nice to have a way to immortalize the dead.

I agree with having a memorial for the fallen. A great way to remember those who came before (plus for posterity :P).

While we're at it, we could also have a stats screen for squaddies with the longest shot or highest kill count. If we're going to track all of the Xenonauts' accomplishments for the dead, we could also track accomplishments for the living, too.

While we're at it, we could also have a stats screen for squaddies with the longest shot or highest kill count. If we're going to track all of the Xenonauts' accomplishments for the dead, we could also track accomplishments for the living, too.

This. I like this.

It would be cool at the end of the game to have a scroller before the credits where it comes up with something along the lines of:

"In Memoriam to those who gave their lives in the defense of Earth:

PVT. Mickey Mouze

SGT. Patrick Fitzpatrick

etc. etc."

And have it list off the names of each Xenonaut that met a grisly end at the hands of the Xeno menace. It would be awesome if it played Taps or some other traditional military music to honor the fallen.

It would be cool at the end of the game to have a scroller before the credits where it comes up with something along the lines of:

"In Memoriam to those who gave their lives in the defense of Earth:

PVT. Mickey Mouze

SGT. Patrick Fitzpatrick

etc. etc."

And have it list off the names of each Xenonaut that met a grisly end at the hands of the Xeno menace. It would be awesome if it played Taps or some other traditional military music to honor the fallen.

You should really put this into the suggestions thread or suggest it in "General issues".

They said that they wouldn't implement something new that takes a lot of time.

While i don't know anything about their engine, from a programming standpoint, this should be pretty easy and fast to do.

You would just need to put all the Names of the Fallen Soldiers in a list, which should be a piece of cake, and then print it all out in the end with a simple string.

I'd definitely like a memorial, if at all possible. It really enriches the idea of all these slain soldiers defending Earth, and would let a player look back and remember the final stands, the blazes of glory, and all the poor rookie door openers.

I'd definitely like a memorial, if at all possible. It really enriches the idea of all these slain soldiers defending Earth, and would let a player look back and remember the final stands, the blazes of glory, and all the poor rookie door openers.

I believe the phrase you were looking for was: "The final stands, the blazes of glory, and all the cannon fodder I sent in first to scope things out."

Also occurs to me, I'm not sure where the suggestions section is. Is it under the Worklist or somewhere else?

The suggestions forum was removed because it is too late in development to add new features.

People kept suggesting massive changes that would set back release for months and require lots of work to implement.

I don't know if it would need a whole new system to track things like individual kills or if the current medal system could be expanded to create a list and populate it with names or any other information.

I'll do that. Worst case scenario is it gets shot down by the Devs.

If they shot the idea down would it then have to appear in the memorial?

The suggestions forum was removed because it is too late in development to add new features.

People kept suggesting massive changes that would set back release for months and require lots of work to implement.

I agree, but I think that the configuration of starting team has a pattern, always you have 2x assault, 1x Sniper, etc... and its easy to create basic history or "Explanatory Prompts" that show that you have the best Soldiers of world and each one has an identity.

I was not replying specifically to your post it was more of a general reply to the posts about the suggestion forum.

Personally I would prefer to not have back stories added to the starting troops as I prefer to create my own story as I progress.

In general I rename the starting soldiers anyway.

I was not replying specifically to your post it was more of a general reply to the posts about the suggestion forum.

Personally I would prefer to not have back stories added to the starting troops as I prefer to create my own story as I progress.

In general I rename the starting soldiers anyway.

I know that you giving general appreciation to the topic, and I'm chating with you that, I agree. ;)