[22.4 - Ground Combat] Psionic Bugged?

Berserk should be line of sight only, so that is a bit strange. Was there an "unnerved" message before that?

Berserk can either be caused by enemy psionic powers, or there's a 1/3 chance for a soldier to berserk instead of panicking normally (and panic can be induced by psionic powers from anywhere in the map).

I can confirm that Aliens can cast Berserk on any of my units no matter where they are or if a Alien is nearby with nearly a 100% success rate. They can stay back in the dropship miles away from any alien but it dosen't matter.

I can also confirm that it works with Mindcontrol, the Alien who posses these powers can be far away in the highest part of a ship and my soldiers get still controlled by him. But I can't say if no Alien at all had sight on my tropps when they are affected by mindcontrol, bersek on the other hand works as I said on anyone always. It's not uncommon that 1-2 soldiers of mine get MC and another 2 berserk in a singel round when assaulting a Ceasan battleship which has multiple leaders with psionic powers.

I thought that was intended because that is the way it worked in the orignial X-Com, very frustating to play against though.

Edited by Larus

I should also add that there seems to be some significant overhead in whatever code deals with psi abilities; I've noticed the alien's turns take a lot longer than usual (30+ seconds rather than the usual 5-10) when there are Psions on the map. If I'm fighting a non-psionic race or I've killed all the psions, everything behaves normally.