V22 Experimental Build 3 Released!

Combat shields and Assault shields are now too large to fit into a backpack

Commander: Mule one, two, get over here!

Mules one and two: Yes Sir!

Commander: Owing for some reason our combat shields have grown in size and our shield guys can only carry one now.

Mules one and two: Why do we need to know?

Commander: Owing to the very odd fact as well that the dropship can carry people weighed down with equipment, yet can't carry any extra itself, your job is to have your firearms in your backpack, and carry one shield on an arm. Once the dropship has landed you can leave the shields there and arm yourselves with your weapon.

Mules one and two: But they will still only have one shield, sir?

Commander: Yes, but once the perimeter around the ship is clear, our shield guys can go back to the dropship and get fresh shields for the breach. Now do as you're told.

Mules one and two: Sir, yes sir!

I've never seen a backpack large enough to hold a riot/ballastic shield. They should never have been allowed in the backpack in the first place.

But it can be slung over the back. And it should be.

"Backpack" is taken too literally. The soldiers don't even carry backpacks.

So the shield should be able to fit in the back slot.

Agreed, I rairly use combat shields as I prefer to breach with stunsmoke/MG combination but see the double combat shield as a valid tactic, it has its obvious downsides with how much you can carry into combat/firepower trade off so I personally think it is something that should be in the game.

"tanking" has always been a valid strategy game tactic so I think it is something that should stay in.

I just had a mission start, let me take my first turn, and then end successfully. Hard to tell if its a bug or not. Is it possible that there was only one surviving crew member and they died on the first turn somehow?

I had this happen when I was playing 22.1 Exp, but I thought it might be mod related.

I've now fixed the bug where every mission had 3 Caesans in it.

I am still getting only Caesans in UFOs though the numbers are correct now. Also I have strange tingling sensation that downed UFOs always have undamaged interior. The exterior is damaged for downed UFOs.

I am still getting only Caesans in UFOs though the numbers are correct now. Also I have strange tingling sensation that downed UFOs always have undamaged interior. The exterior is damaged for downed UFOs.

I think downed UFOs having the same interior is intentional. It's possible that the power core/whatever in a UFO can explode on a crash, but other than that I think they're supposed to be the same.

(This said, it wouldn't be that hard I think to redo the submaps for crashed UFOs. If GH aren't planning on doing this officially, it might make a cool mod.)

I just looked through 4 pages of Google images for "ballistic shield" and saw not a single one where a full size shield was slung over someone's back. There are some half size ones that could fit on someone's back, but the in game ones look like full height shields.

I've never seen a backpack large enough to hold a riot/ballastic shield. They should never have been allowed in the backpack in the first place.

I would imagine that modern military shields would be foldable, and have sharp spring loaded spikes that pop out when it's unfolded.