XNATS - Into Darkness V2

can you make a description of full set of impmlemented changes?

please

Hi Kirill, the changes include huge amount of little modifications that we prefer to put in in general terms like:

- weapons and granades new mechanic,

- wounds new mechanic,

- aliens new stats and weak points,

- map and LOS extended ranges,

- new alternative arts and music,

- new dinamic in economy and alien invasion.

We'r requesting the players here that fight a large alien ship in the save. If you want more details in a specific part of the mod we can provide you more information.

Thanks for posting

I'll go fix something up for v22.5. If you need to ever edit it yourself, all the revelant info is at the top of files (mostly because I can't be bothered with having to scroll through loads of stuff to get to the stuff I want to edit!).

I see that this mods works on research file, can I send you the file corresponding to XNT-ITD V3.0 for the near release?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4j0rv6oo6jxthws/researches.xml

THE FIST CORVETTE

April 4, 1973

"A few days after the start of the invasion all just seemed extreme vigilance of heaven by the aliens that night everything changed. The controller in charge of the unit XDR-Radar Crinos call me urgently to see something. When I reach the main bridge the Lieutenant Vkiloj open the door, his face sweaty and trembling eyes pointed to the interior, where a huge panel of radar showed a ship of that size had not seen before and is quickly approaching the radar unit XDR at incredible speed.

I pick up the phone and call desperate to HQ-Orion requesting air support and crash recovery. The missiles reachs the sky and we were confident... We think that I was easy... they try to recover it... we think that no one survive to the crash... we were wrong

I'll never forget the nightmare we witnessed that day in central XDR-Radar Crinos ... The next day I decided to take my life, because we have no hope. I love you emma, excuse me for been weak"

[video=youtube_share;TVrptMKtW7U]

THIS IS A BETA TEST OF MODIFICATIONS OF XNT - Into Darkness V3

Edited by TacticalDragon

I would like to say my little feedback. Some of them maybe about vanilla cause i was playing both and I dont rly know what this mod changed. If something will be about unchanged thing then sorry.

Just to be clear i like this mod and i prefer it than the original game. Dont get me wrong couse that list is mostly about what i do not like. Take this list as a list of my suggestions not as a criticism/

First of all AI is very good. I like the way how they behave now in vanilla aliens are very static and here they realy want to do some actions. It realy changes dynamic of the game.

But guys what about mixing both AI's? Cause in "Into Darkness" aliens never ever hide in the UFO. From time to time they could why not.

Second thing is action costs and i think is better. In vanilla u either go or shoot here u can move and shot i like it. The best example is machine gun. But was it necesarry to limit aim levels for sniperr to rifle to 1?

As to grenades hmm grenades are op now. U can throw one and blow up entire enemy team or try to shot them and never kill a single alien. I know that developers made explosives weapons op but expensive (loot destroy) but its so unrealistic. And now in "Into the Darkness" it went even further. One grenade can rly wipe out ENTIRE team with weapons bodys etc. I dont like it.

But just to be clear i also dont like original 3x3 radius in mz opinion best solution would be a grenade that is no op (just like other weapon) but still able to hit more than 1 target.

Next thing wound system. Overdone in my opinion. I had a lot of ridiculous situations when a single soldier just after being hit had to beeen cured by 2 other team mambers. What kind of wound is that? Head has been cut off? I mean rly 16 hp per turn? And it sometimes take 1 pr even 2 entire turns to bandage this guy.

I think this system has to be redone. I like the general idea behind it more dynamic fights, medikpacks finally usefull etc but its just a little bit to much.

Panic and morale. Again i have no idea how its looks like in the vanilla but i dont remember my entirre team fleeing like little kids just becouse they lost a vehicle cmon. Real situation I play terror mission my vehicle got 3 hits from enemy rifleman and went to pieces (haha funny very stronk tank but this is another subject) and my team members started to panic. WTF? Those guys are little girls not soldiers. And one of them started to flee... towards enemy position oh cmon.

Vehicles are useless. Hunter is easier to kill than a soldier with jacal armor. HA HA HA. It is 10 times better to bring exxxtra 2 ppl than this junk on the weels. In my opinion it is completly unrealistic. And it drains fun. Tank blowns up after 3 hits... yea.

Next things grenede trajectory . How its possible to throw grenade under ur legs? I tried throwing rocks around my house. I had thrown 1000 rocks and never ever a single rock fall under my legs. It is exeprimently proved that it is UNrealistic.

Economy. In vanilla u have 10 soldiers and they are relatively cheap. Here u have 6 and they are expensive as ****. Why they are so expensive.

Last thing. I rly like new music. And maybe its vanilla problem as well but during reaction fire "enemy movment" picture does not disappear. BTW reaction fire is useless in this game. We can not rly kill an alien (its very unlikely) so usually he just come into our los get some bullets on head or not (who cares) then shoots all ur soldiers. So what the hell is that reaction fire for?

I would like to say my little feedback. Some of them maybe about vanilla cause i was playing both and I dont rly know what this mod changed. If something will be about unchanged thing then sorry.

Just to be clear i like this mod and i prefer it than the original game. Dont get me wrong couse that list is mostly about what i do not like. Take this list as a list of my suggestions not as a criticism.

First Thanks for your observations, any issues and analysis is welcome! The idea is hear community and implement all yours ideas.

We are glad that you enjoy the mod.

First of all AI is very good. I like the way how they behave now in vanilla aliens are very static and here they realy want to do some actions. It realy changes dynamic of the game.

But guys what about mixing both AI's? Cause in "Into Darkness" aliens never ever hide in the UFO. From time to time they could why not.

Yes, we know it, and we'r learning how to use the system, in the next XNT Into Darkness V3 you'll find unique AI for each script and race. We'r looking for differents builds for each race, ranks and scripts. In the next build you will find something like "non-combatant sebillian coward" that look for deep covers and run away when he see an alien been killed or "soldier command caesan" that will defend hardly the main command center and commanders. We awaits your comments when we release the XNT-ITD V3.

Second thing is action costs and i think is better. In vanilla u either go or shoot here u can move and shot i like it. The best example is machine gun. But was it necesarry to limit aim levels for sniperr to rifle to 1?

When we remake the weapons, we want to keep each type for a propouse, Sniper is aimed to deal good damage for mostly 1 or 2 shot per turn, efficient at range. In other hand Shotguns and Machineguns is much better in a open terrain, without cover and medium range. The damage capability of sniper is lower but his effective range is longer. When your in a close combat situation you'll find more usefull use rifles and automatic weapons instead of sniper. In the vanilla version too much players abuse of snipers.

As to grenades hmm grenades are op now. U can throw one and blow up entire enemy team or try to shot them and never kill a single alien. I know that developers made explosives weapons op but expensive (loot destroy) but its so unrealistic. And now in "Into the Darkness" it went even further. One grenade can rly wipe out ENTIRE team with weapons bodys etc. I dont like it.

But just to be clear i also dont like original 3x3 radius in mz opinion best solution would be a grenade that is no op (just like other weapon) but still able to hit more than 1 target.

WHen you play XNT Into darkness you'll find that explosives in early game is good counter against aliens, but they lost potential against more powerfull enemies and been replaced by more sophisticated weaponry. We want to give the feeling that players NEED the explosives early in game because looks like the unique efficient weapon against aliens.

In other hand, the value in money of the Alien equipement in this mod is heavy incremented, part of the economy is recover alien artifacts. The same happen to technology, when you abuse explosives for his powerfull effect your losing lot of elements in game and the players learn quickly the cost/benefit rates.

Next thing wound system. Overdone in my opinion. I had a lot of ridiculous situations when a single soldier just after being hit had to beeen cured by 2 other team mambers. What kind of wound is that? Head has been cut off? I mean rly 16 hp per turn? And it sometimes take 1 pr even 2 entire turns to bandage this guy.

I think this system has to be redone. I like the general idea behind it more dynamic fights, medikpacks finally usefull etc but its just a little bit to much.

Yes, we notice the same and make the proper mdifications for the next build.

Panic and morale. Again i have no idea how its looks like in the vanilla but i dont remember my entirre team fleeing like little kids just becouse they lost a vehicle cmon. Real situation I play terror mission my vehicle got 3 hits from enemy rifleman and went to pieces (haha funny very stronk tank but this is another subject) and my team members started to panic. WTF? Those guys are little girls not soldiers. And one of them started to flee... towards enemy position oh cmon.

For an instance in this mod Bravery is low, soldiers get panic easy early in game, but they learn quickly and the progression of bravery has been increased. In the next build you'll find more solid Morale system.

Vehicles are useless. Hunter is easier to kill than a soldier with jacal armor. HA HA HA. It is 10 times better to bring exxxtra 2 ppl than this junk on the weels. In my opinion it is completly unrealistic. And it drains fun. Tank blowns up after 3 hits... yea.

We'll review this point, thanks for your comments.

Next things grenede trajectory . How its possible to throw grenade under ur legs? I tried throwing rocks around my house. I had thrown 1000 rocks and never ever a single rock fall under my legs. It is exeprimently proved that it is UNrealistic.

Economy. In vanilla u have 10 soldiers and they are relatively cheap. Here u have 6 and they are expensive as ****. Why they are so expensive.

The soldiers has better initial scores compared to vanilla version, in this mod there are 3 ways to make money, you pay for better trained soldiers for more money. Even with that We'll check again the soldiers cost.

Last thing. I rly like new music. And maybe its vanilla problem as well but during reaction fire "enemy movment" picture does not disappear. BTW reaction fire is useless in this game. We can not rly kill an alien (its very unlikely) so usually he just come into our los get some bullets on head or not (who cares) then shoots all ur soldiers. So what the hell is that reaction fire for?

I'm glad to hear that about he music. About reaction shots you'll see better performance with the introduction of new AI scripts.

Keep comenting! any other point that you want to give us is gold.

We'r launching the next build soon, keep playing and explore Tier 2 or 3 game.

Thank you!