XNATS - Into Darkness V2

XNAT- INTO DARKNESS

Inspiration Mod Based on "Way of Wolf" E. E. Knight

Desesperated.jpg

We'd stared into the face of Death, and Death blinked first. You'd think that would make us feel brave and invincible. It didn't.

― Rick Yancey, The 5th Wave

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF XNATS - INTO DARKNESS

If you'r not familiar with the Mod Version Xnats - Into Darkness please take a quick look to the next link:

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/9280-XNATS-Into-Darkness-V1

CORE RULES MOD - V2.2

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eovkg0xzfeuix1g/XNT%20-%20Into%20Darkness%20Mod%20CORE%20Fix%20V2.2.rar

FULL PACK WITH MUSIC AND IMAGES

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5o8y8xtoeni2e4x/XNT%20-%20Into%20Darkness%20Full%20Pack%20V2.1.rar

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS

- USE EXPERIMENTAL V22 build 5

- Extract all content in "Asset" folder and replace all files.

- Apply available hotfix.

- If you want to apply Music and art modification install first the "Music and Image" files and then patch the Current core Rules mod.

NEW CHANGES!!!

- New range and accuracy dynamic (Hit in open terrain or not covered unit was easy, close combat is almost near high % of hit, range combat is priority).

- New AI for all races (Maintaining Defensive, Passive and Command tactics, each one take different behavior in combat).

- New weapon balance and armor balance.

- Amazing and channeling system that will probe if your a true salvation of humankind.

I HOPE ALL OF YOU ENJOY IT

ANY COMMENT IS WELCOME!

KEEP PLAYING, DON'T PANIC AND ENJOY!

Alien_Attack.jpg

Desesperated.jpg

Alien_Attack.jpg

Desesperated.thumb.jpg.8405100bdfe93b11d

Alien_Attack.jpg.f4c93759512e09f4d80126f

Edited by TacticalDragon

Well i will give a shoot and write feedback as soon as i test it thoroughly.I am particularly interest for this change

- New AI for all races (Maintaining Defensive, Passive and Command tactics, each one take different behavior in combat)
,since i want to find out what and how exactly did you change AI behavior .

Well i will give a shoot and write feedback as soon as i test it thoroughly.I am particularly interest for this change ,since i want to find out what and how exactly did you change AI behavior .

Thanks for testing,

I'll be uploading a a small file for AI modification soon. We'r making some test right now to be satisfied.

NEW AI MOD APPLIED TO THE CORE SET MOD

- Be carefull approaching UFO doors, if aliens detect you in the battleground they prepare a ambush for you.

- Aliens now "try" to retreat an regroup.

- Ranged combat and cover is taken in the calculations for the AI, depending on the script they Fight berzerkly, Play Cowardly or Try to set a ambush.

NOTE: This AI mod is only for Into Darkness V2.0 expansion set.

Thanks for playing!

Edited by TacticalDragon

AI definitely tries to ambush you and it's very aggressive even Caesan and it result that,five or six light scouts and scouts missions end in open field battle without me needing to engage enemy in UFOs.Also giving Ceasan reflex stats value of 100 and EnemyInfluence=-7,NearestEnemy=-8.0 and ShotPotential=-25,makes them rather reckless than clever but also very deadly,even non-combat is in huge advantage since because 0f "ShotPotential" value cover isn't all that useful.What I also noticed is that they are trying to reach Chopper,like they are attempting direct assault,from the first turn.

I set the AI composed with different stages:

1. Been detected in the map at LOS will trigger enemy assault and ambushing. You can try to run across the map without been detected to take surprise element.

2. Aliens avoid locations where are alien bodies, if you kill one of them they will seek other place or even retreating.

3. Depending on the script, passive and defensive move less and look for cover. Aggressive look for you to pull alien alarm trigger and run wild accross the map. Command has different behavior.

Try download the lastest core set rules update. The first time I upload the wrong AI files. Still I'm working on Behavior scripts to be implemented, they are limited and list of preconditions don't let you, for now, add new actions. (For now is shoot, move and melee).

I'm glad you like it. I hope you test the new ones. :)

Edited by TacticalDragon

AI definitely tries to ambush you and it's very aggressive even Caesan and it result that,five or six light scouts and scouts missions end in open field battle without me needing to engage enemy in UFOs.Also giving Ceasan reflex stats value of 100 and EnemyInfluence=-7,NearestEnemy=-8.0 and ShotPotential=-25,makes them rather reckless than clever but also very deadly,even non-combat is in huge advantage since because 0f "ShotPotential" value cover isn't all that useful.What I also noticed is that they are trying to reach Chopper,like they are attempting direct assault,from the first turn.

Remember that you in early game are fighting against non-combatant and guards (I reduce the mount of AP for early Tiers representing the lack of experience in G. combat), if you want to see the AI in action wait to see Soldiers and Warriors of all races, most of them are Fearful combatants and respond better to the AI parameters...

You'll face skilled alien soldier jumping around battle and in some point you'll see yourself forced to use explosives.

Many thanks for your comments Sentelin. :cool:

Edited by TacticalDragon

GEOSPACE AND MANUFACTURING

[video=youtube_share;lT0KbSydPAc]

- Lot of valuable items can be manufactured to get money in game

- Governments needs lot of new technology and armors for war troops.

- Nations founding is that low that even sustain Xenonauts operations, each country has a open war again aliens and economic situation is not the better one in history.

- Fear make the Stock broker industry fall and humanity fall into crisis ... Into Darkness.

Enjoy!

I really like the AI in this mod. Gunfights become more tense even though guns themselves are less lethal, weirdly enough. Keep up the good work!

Thank you for playing, we work a lot on the AI, the idea of the game become lethal in some point, the idea is that shots cause lot of wounds but not kill at first hit. In certain situations you enter some GCs heavy wounded or have too many wounds for your soldiers to survive. Keep playing and you'll see the advancement.

The original moddification of research tree will be introduced soon.

I really like the AI in this mod. Gunfights become more tense even though guns themselves are less lethal, weirdly enough. Keep up the good work!

I forgot to mention, this mod is planned for more tactical and bloody combats, armor degradation and alien durability make this game hard.

One of the most dangerous alien weapons lay on Assault, sniper and cannon plasmas.

Any comment is welcome.

New Update

XNT - Into Darkness V2.1

New Features:

- Armor manufacture makes Wolf and Predator great titans agains waves of enemies, at a great cost and time.

- Tech tree modified.

- New AI Balance for Command and Ambushers races.

- Powerful Psi-power is nerfed, soldiers starting morale is low.

- Soldiers progression is lowered but the maximum levels are increased to Balance Late game GC.

- New Hidden Movement Image.

- The alien retaliation against Xenonauts Bases is increased

- Alien Terror missions is lowered, this missions can be considered like Boss or High challenge GCs.

Compatibility files updated to V22 exp B5

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xyyylytktfqtj3i/XNT%20-%20INto%20Darkness%20V2.1%20Combatible%20V22b5%20CORE.rar

Balance included:

- AI actions during "fire and smoke", "ally get kill" and "commander".

- Reduction of aliens in UFO content, giving more importance in Aien Ranks.

- Clip size mod and load calculation.

- Soldiers training improved.

Hmm do i need to research soldier training ?Or its available from start and i don't see it ?By the way "hit and run" script may not be perfect but it's remarkable and it brings whole new elements to consider before making next move,I can't wait to see how mid and late game aliens behave.

New Update Balance

Balance Fix Patch V2.2

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eovkg0xzfeuix1g/XNT%20-%20Into%20Darkness%20Mod%20CORE%20Fix%20V2.2.rar

- Gives more tools to the player

- Reduce time construction for Laser weapons

- Balance Soldier training

- Morale system changed

- Psi Effects limited - Powerful enough but gives possibility to the player to react.

- Basic Alien grenades behave more like disruption grenade with low radius, to prevent the player stand close each other.

- Guards have Alien Basic Grenades.

Project Objectives:

- Put new kind of human weapons (Sub Machineguns, Metal Storm Heavy Machinegun, 2 Types of assault rifles, Low Accuracy artillery, Stun electro-gun).

- Soldiers Training academy.

- Advanced Laser weapon (Termolite Chargers, bring unlimited ammo for Laser weapons)

- More AI scripts.

Edited by TacticalDragon

Hmm do i need to research soldier training ?Or its available from start and i don't see it ?By the way "hit and run" script may not be perfect but it's remarkable and it brings whole new elements to consider before making next move,I can't wait to see how mid and late game aliens behave.

Thank you for your comments,

- Soldiers training have been modified to prevent reach high stats too quickly, in other hand stats can be rised to 150. Highly veteran soldier that use to deal with huge wounds in combat can become a war machine with 120 Accuracy, 150 Resilence and 120 TU.

- We'r glad to hear you like the AI mod, we make that we can with the tools that the engine give us. In the last Balance patch V2.2 you'll find interesting AI behavior, We awaits your comments about all situations that you can give us.

Feel free to tell us all your suggestions, for us player feedback is needed to polish the mod.

Thank you setelin and keep playing! :cool:

RECOMENDATION:

- Play on ironman-normal mode for more realism and avoid windows CDTs.

- Hire 2x soldiers platoons to let your professional warriors be healed correctly.

- Try veteran for hardcore mode and Normal if you want more enjoyable experience.

- Retreat in battlefield is a viable option, sometimes terrain and possition don't help.

- Real training of soldiers begin when you reach Tier 2, or at least you reach jackal armor.

- Try to take ALL the first aliens and not to lose initial soldiers, at least if you want to deal with Tier 2 aliens you will need at least 3 initial soldiers.

Thanks for watching

Edited by TacticalDragon

Hello Community,

As you know we are working for some time in this mod, for now this announcement is to ask for your help. The proposed working list is:

- New game mechanics, economy, alien invasion, soldiers training, weapons remodeling and alien stats modifications. (DONE)

- Introduction of better and reactive AI (Current state)

- New content, new arts, new weapons and new missions objective environments (Pending)

- Go Pro and release custom arts, text, history, mission timeline and make the the mod a sort of expansion pack (Like From Hell To Heaven in Civ 4)

Today I ask you to test a AI development of Wraiths and Caesans, we upload a CORE Patch with rules and modifications, plus a SAVE game.

We appreciate if you can give us your comments and contributions of this AI test.

Remember that this mod is constructed by you'r contributions.

CORE BETA TEST AI (XNT - Into Darkness V3)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/na3zpgmz5c5t8yh/Beta%20Test%20-%20AI%20%28XNT%20-%20Into%20Darkness%20V3%29.rar

SAVED GAME

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jjrntg694ktxsfj/Autosave2.sav