V22 Experimental Build 2 Released!

@Silencer - A Scout has been able to take two Avalanches for a long time. Two Alenium Torpedoes does the job though.

I don't know how you calculate long time period but I remember needing 1 sidewinder for small scout and 1-2 avalanche for scout. And it was somewhere in v21 too.

I have a temporal solution for Medipack CDT,

Listen carefully! Only put Medipack in hands if your soldier is facing UP! or NORTH!, heal in that position and change Medipack without changing that posture.

That would explain a lot.

Medikit CTD did seem sporadic as i have managed to heal just fine once or twice and had a CTD twice.

Now I think about it both times it was successful was with a solider facing up.

Last CTD i had was with him facing to the right.

Had some sporadic CTD when switching from the barracks screen to the solider equipment screen, only happens if I go directly there.

Other than that, pretty stable so far.

Can anyone else confirm the medikit heal CTD?

We were hoping it wouldn't break saves, but looks like it has. Ah well...that's probably going to happen quite a bit over the coming eight weeks given how many fixes we'll be doing.

Heres two versions of it with attached save:

1-Load: [ATTACH]3199[/ATTACH] first

2-Select Sgt. Mads Thomsen, he's the guy at the door of the Ufo at left.

3-Turn south to the soldier behind him.

4-Enter inventory

5-Drag Medipack to his gun wielding hand, pistol gets moved into belt

6-Heal (for 20, pack has more charge)

A7-Immediate CTD

B7-Medipack vanishes into thin air

B8-Enter inventory to see for yourself the empty hand

B9-Exit inventory, CTD happens while inventory panel cannot disappear

Now, I couldn't manage to reproduce version B after creating a new save with the error causing soldier selected to make it easy for testing. After I did that, only version A (immediate CTD) was reproducable. Before I created a new save, every single time version B occured, but after creating a new save, testing by loading either saves only reproduced version A.

Here's the new save I created with the error causing soldier selected, only A (immediate CTD) is reproducible:

[ATTACH]3200[/ATTACH]

GC 1.sav

GC 3.sav

GC 1.sav

GC 3.sav

That would explain a lot.

Medikit CTD did seem sporadic as i have managed to heal just fine once or twice and had a CTD twice.

Now I think about it both times it was successful was with a solider facing up.

Last CTD i had was with him facing to the right.

Had some sporadic CTD when switching from the barracks screen to the solider equipment screen, only happens if I go directly there.

Other than that, pretty stable so far.

I have run a XML structure validator and found that 22 files don't match with the strcuture or point to nonexistent files.

Maybe a issue with soldier images? :(

I'm not getting the medikit crash, actually. I just tested it in the Steam build and it seems to work fine for me. Can you guys try Validating Files on Steam, then see if the crash is still occurring?

TacticalDragon - if you validate files and try it again, feel free to message me the list of "broken" files. It's probably worth me looking into.

I'm not getting the medikit crash, actually. I just tested it in the Steam build and it seems to work fine for me. Can you guys try Validating Files on Steam, then see if the crash is still occurring?

Validated files, still crash with the saves I uploaded. Still only the (Immediate CTD after heal) version.

Let me note: In the save file, error causing soldier faces southeast when healing. Facing him northeast also crashes after heal.

Also of note: I always play windowed, WinXP, I run the local exe when playing but running from steam also crashes.

Edit: Another one occured as with the situation B in my above post: Medipack vanishes, CTD on inventory exit. This time I tested an interesting situation: I moved the healer without entering inventory, though the medipack still disappeared from his hand in UI. Then I selected another soldier, entered inventory, CTD happened on inventory exit! This time without even the windows error log. This is one crazy bug.

Edit: Here's a workaround, move the medipack to the hand, save, exit, load: no crash and you can heal your wounded soldier.

Edit: Started a bug report on this:

[e22.2 - GC] The notorious Medikit CTD

Edited by Caaygun

Hey TacticalDragon. I could still reproduce the CTD medkit bug. I found out that it potentially links in with the CTD bug on completion of mission and that the CTD on mission completion may not actually be separate from the medkit bug.

Here's a link to the save file for the V22 build 2.

To recreate the crash, simply load the game and heal Emma stone. It won't crash, but after killing the last two sebillians (one inside UFO, one just outside and to the left of UFO entrance) it will go to mission complete screen, but will crash when proceeding to global map.

Now here's the interesting part. Reload the save, but don't heal Emma Stone. Proceed to kill the aliens then proceed to the global map. You can. It doesn't crash. This is why I think it's linked to any healing done in mission.

This is with your hotfix on page 4 after both verifying data integrity and then patching over the soldierimages folder.

I have only tried healing Emma Stone with her to the north, and the healer to the south (healing upwards to the north). Feel free to experiment with other angles to see if a crash can be avoided/replicated.

Hope this helps, and thanks so much for all your awesome bugfixing! We really do appreciate it ya know. :)https://mega.co.nz/#!XsYSHDLa!nXNGM5GR5T2yS8escBlzLMBB7SVubqu1d3rPhsg-sbM

I have already overwritten the save file but i'll download it again and try.

I have never done video recording before, but i'm...'acquiring' fraps now to give it a go. Give me half an hour and I should hopefully have it uploaded and ready for you to see.

Ok, strange. I couldn't replicate the CTD. When I originally got the crash, I loaded the save, tried healing Emma again, killed the aliens, then CTD on mission complete. After that, I reloaded the save again, DIDN'T heal Emma, killed the aliens, and no CTD on mission complete.

But now, after inserting the save file back in, then reloading, and trying to replicate the original CTD, it doesn't work! I am a bit confused, as loading the save earlier still resulted in CTD, but now I can reload the save and it's fine? Very strange. I have still had trouble with crashes since my first report here. All to do with the medkits. Either CTD on heal, or CTD on mission complete, after heal.